1. I just go with my gut. Some parameters being comparative stack sizes, HUD #s if any, Hate to be taken out with a pr of 4s. AQ pre-flop lacks any real strength.
2. I defiantly do my share of stealing but as with any well played tournament, I'd use my reputation for tightness, villains FBSA numbers and, again, my gut. (Fold to Blind Steal Attempt)
3. In the rush games I don't switch to push/fold mode until @ 6M prior to the bubble. Any successful player will tell you how many times they went card dead for ever and finally in a matter of 2 or 3 hands they were back at the average stack wise. Patients
Originally Posted by relpraggy
Excellent post. I do have a few questions:
1. What is your rule for a 3bet? For example, if you are in MP w/ AQ and the pot gets raised after you, do you call/raise/fold?
2. What about stealing the blinds? If you have position, do you ever semi-bluff?
3. The blinds can be a bitch in Rush. If you get to a certain point, say under 10BB, do you abandon your strategy and switch to a more traditional push/fold approach?