RE BUYS, DOUBLE BUY INS, AND ADD ONS

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely renter, re buy, or add on. My thoughts are i'm either going to have a good game or not a few thousand extra chips rarely makes a difference in me winning one of the top prizes, and it hurts my cost vs. reward ratio. Once in a while i"ll add on or double buy in usually if i know i'm going to be playing real tight due to cold cards or something and just want those extra blinds to make sure i last till they go my way again. If i'm doing bad in a tournament or took a bad beat i'm never in a hurry to pay more money to re enter that game.I am new to poker and most of my strategies are my own creation out of "common sense" i hope..lol so not sure if these are sound approaches or me drawing my own map without truly knowing the landscape. I would love some better more experienced players thoughts and ideas on this..thanks:beerglass:beerglass:beerglass

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Sometimes the add-on chips are so many so the most important thing is to stay in the tournament until you can do one. Therefor you often also is better of to rebuy if you lose your first stack.

One example is pokerstars Splash tournaments. You start with 3000 chips for 1.10 dollar /and can rebuy for the same amount). The add-on is also 1.10 and gives you 30.000 chips (almost even the field).

It also depends on the structure and how many players there are left to the money etc.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are always putting yourself at an automatic disadvantage over the more experienced players who understand the value of the additional chips. :)

Why not avoid re-buys altogether?

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I get knocked out early after going in with the better Hand I re-enter sometimes.
most of the time I don't because even if I get the mincash it's -ROI% if I buy-in two times.

I only Play rebuy and add-on satellites, not regular tournaments and I use them most of the time because they give you an Edge and the gtd ticket is usally 10x of the buy-in or more.

Why not avoid re-buys altogether?
+1

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend that you watch the bankroll management videos that the streamer all in pav has on his YouTube channel, there clarify how to focus the tournaments with rebuys and addons according to your bankroll.