Raise your edge apprentice masterclass

iBluffdaRiver

iBluffdaRiver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im trying to buy the rye course but cant find reviews ? what do you guys think of the course ? is it worth the investment for someone who grinds 11-20 tourneys ? or is their a better route to go . thank you for your input cc.

F

FloppyNutzs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't heard of this one.

1dkp0k3r

1dkp0k3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a thread on this forum comparing Raise Your Edge (RYE) and Upswing.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/upswing-raise-your-edge-346315/

I watch multiple online streamers (Lex Veldhuis, Staple brothers, Jeff Gross) that praise RYE for the tournament content. I know that they recently added content for bounty tournaments as well.

I only know of Tonkaaaa as a streamer that promotes and uses Upswing, there may be others, but like I said, I am unaware of them. JNandez used to be a part of Upswing and did Omaha content, but he has since severed his relationship with that training site and started his own.

In my opinion, Upswing has more mixed game and cash game content and RYE has more tournament content

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I have RYE expert masterclass, and while I'm not regretting paying for it, I think I should have bought RYE apprentice masterclass, because most of value of masterclass comes from preflop ranges. The RYE ranges are very detailed, they have preflop ranges for almost any preflop situation, open raising, flatting, 3-bettin, 4-betting, squeezing, playing on blinds. And all of this for different stack sizes. This ranges alone worth more than one grand, but you also get video lessons, which are quite good. Not fantastic stuff, but quite useful and to the point. The postflop stuff are in my opinion are not that great, and I skip them. but that's understandable, there are so many different postflop situations depending on positions, ranges and stack sizes, that it's impossible to shorten them to several hour of videos. If you hope that this masterclass will make you postflop expert, it won't happen, though it still can and probably will improve it. For postflop you should get solver, or a coach with a solver, or both... If you have problems on preflop, I strongly advise to buy rye apprentice masterclass, it absolutely worth it.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't used it but I am planning on buying the RYE tournement masterclass soon because BenCB is one of the best players in the world, he gives out a lot of free youtube content which I have learnt sooooo much from. If his paid content is just 10% better than the free stuff it is money well spent.

V

VonStayStackn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Worth It

I've recently been studying the apprentice RYE course as I play tournaments a 70/30 split and I have already 800%+ my bankroll in less than 2 weeks of playing with an average of 10 tourneys a day.

I have the apprentice course and I am still only in the post flop of the videos and I have tremendous results already. My ROI is off the charts but I am also playing an average buy-in of $5. It could be a combo of bad players and the course since I am playing on betonline since I live in Maryland but I am doing really well and may consider making poker a full time job as I continue to build my bankroll. @VonStayStackn on sharkscope if you wanna verify lol.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Upswing is better for beginner - intermediate players, and also far, far cheaper.

RYE I would wait to invest until you are absolutely sure you're at the right level for it.

Do not forget to additionally absorb all of the free resources available to you, they are not only valuable for the fact that they cost nothing, but honestly, the free info shouldn't be ignored as it's highly important on it's own. (2+2, YouTube coaches such as Gripsed, Alec Torelli, etc).

Some really great books as well that are still awesome for today's game (Matthew Janda stuff to name one)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say that for Tournament Players, the Raise Your Edge course is definitely the best program out there. I've been thru Nick Petrangelo's course (which is great, but requires a VERY advanced level of understanding already to grasp) and Prat's course when it first game out (which was good, but somewhat sloppy in it's presentation).

What I love about BenCB's course is just how complete it is. It really teaches you everything you need to know from the basics of mindset to very advanced thinks like combo counting and creating balanced ranges. I see some in this thread who skipped over videos and I think this is a big mistake... there is a lot of gold in each one, and even one extra tip can add a lot more to your win rate.

Here's a look inside the course itself, I got permission from Raise Your Edge to give a tour

The hardest part about this course though is taking in all the information. It is a TON of material at like 30 hours or something now, and for someone who is a complete newbie it's going to feel quite overwhelming. It's like jumping into a 300 level course at university... you're going to want to have some first hand experience.

But for anyone who has say 100+ MTTs under their belt, even if it's at the $5-$10 limit, I think this course is a great investment. It sounds expensive, but you get what you pay for, and if you're actually planning to put in volume it will pay for itself.

The fact they give you ranges for every position, walk you thru how to play each stage of the tourney, and how to close it out... it just literally takes years off the learning curve. I wish they had something like this when I started... but also... it meant that we didn't need to play near perfect to have a big edge :)

Shoutout to DomGov for sharing some love in the post above, it's much appreciated. What I will say about the 'masterclasses' out there compared to the free stuff is that the structured learning method really helps. That's why my MTT Guide was so popular over the years https://pokermarket.net/products/mtt-video-strategy-guide and it's a great primer for the Raise Your Edge Masterclass. Fundamentals at their finest, and simple easy to understand concepts & plays.

With youtube content it can be easy to get lost in a watch loop, but when taking a course or going thru a playlist that's very targeted you'll learn in such a way that there are no leaks in your game, because a good teacher ensures that they cover all the blind spots in their teaching.

Either way, the price point is quite high, so it's not for everyone. But if you can afford it, if you really want to crush the games online or live, this is the nuts for MTT players. I went thru it Jan/Feb of this year and I feel so so so confident everytime I play tournaments now... the German's really leave no stone unturned.

Cheers to everyone out there stackin!