Post-Tournament Recovery

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately when I have played tournaments seriously and gone all-out to do my best start-to-finish, I often find myself exhausted and drained when it's over. Adrenaline crash probably? How do y'all recover from tournaments you play seriously and strategically? I decided I'm going to do serious-play more often the next few weeks, in preparation for the end of Quarantines -- but wow! I really miss the chance to recover by going for a swim or workout at the gym, or even a good walk. Don't want to be frizzled out when wsop and HPT and so on return. Stay well all!

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, normally you exercise and everything else is done before a session, because it is normal that after playing try-hard all the time you end up exhausted, so the most normal thing is that after a poker session, you go to sleep

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think you can train yourself to not be in a bad mood after loosing on a tournament.
But breaks are recommanded, take your time while eating...

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately when I have played tournaments seriously and gone all-out to do my best start-to-finish, I often find myself exhausted and drained when it's over. Adrenaline crash probably? How do y'all recover from tournaments you play seriously and strategically? I decided I'm going to do serious-play more often the next few weeks, in preparation for the end of Quarantines -- but wow! I really miss the chance to recover by going for a swim or workout at the gym, or even a good walk. Don't want to be frizzled out when WSOP and HPT and so on return. Stay well all!

The discomfort caused by quarantine can really seriously affect your well-being during the game, and therefore the game itself. Not everyone has a home exercise bike, pool, dumbbell or barbell. Physical condition can worsen day by day. But there are several hundred percent effective recovery methods. Firstly, the set of physical exercises that everyone selects for themselves will allow you to warm up your muscles and keep them in good shape. Secondly, a warm bath with aroma oils will allow you to achieve complete relaxation. Thirdly, perhaps someone from your family will be able to give you a 5-10 minute massage, after which, fourthly, you will fall asleep and wake up again full of energy.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Lately when I have played tournaments seriously and gone all-out to do my best start-to-finish, I often find myself exhausted and drained when it's over. Adrenaline crash probably? How do y'all recover from tournaments you play seriously and strategically? I decided I'm going to do serious-play more often the next few weeks, in preparation for the end of Quarantines -- but wow! I really miss the chance to recover by going for a swim or workout at the gym, or even a good walk. Don't want to be frizzled out when WSOP and HPT and so on return. Stay well all!

10 minutes set of inhale n exhale yoga will help big time. Drink in early stomach apple cider vinegar with warm water to rejuvenate your body and mind. Having warm shower with lamon peel is a great way to feel fresh. Look for MOSSA Fight in youtube and do that once a day to keep your body fit during this Quarantine. Best of luck buddy . Peace

S

stormyf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep a dog. I have two big dogs, a labrador and an English Shepherd. I can also go out for a walk with them during the quarantine, several times a day. The feeling of closure disappears. It feels much relieved.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I'm going to bed after the tournament! I mostly play late in the evening, so the choice I have!)

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually watch some funny movie, that helps to boost my mood.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thank you for your post. I agree Completely after busting out of a tournament it's definitely time for some r&r. I usually like to get some fresh air like you or I'll do some random household chores like dishes or fold laundry. I'll be exited when the quarantines are lifted as well. Silver lining is online poker is booming with recreational players currently:D. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Active recreation will not only restore the strength and nerves spent during the game, but also solve another problem that is relevant for poker players. In the course of research, Canadian scientists found that people who predominantly engage in intellectual activity are more prone to being overweight.This is due to the fact that mental work stimulates the consumption of high-calorie foods, and energy costs are practically not required. So for faster rehabilitation after the game and avoid obesityIt should increase sugar intake, this will positively affect the rehabilitation of the body, and will create a supply of sugar in the blood to facilitate the work of nerve cells in need during the next game session.The next good way of rehabilitation after the game is bathing procedures. Baths perfectly contribute to mental and nervous relaxation. Under the influence of high air temperature during bath procedures, there is an outflow of blood from the brain and an increase in blood supply to organs, muscle tone and emotional activity are reduced, a feeling of relaxation and temporary inhibition comes. The next day, a person feels a surge of strength and vitality that will greatly contribute to a successful poker session.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Proper exercise and good sleep can make your energy recover quickly. Players need more attention in this regard.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's the same with anything, if you're doing it 100% of your capability, you will be exhausted after several hours. Try drink water more often and snacking if the session is more than an hour, so you can replenish your energy.

Assuming that you make this thread for live tournament and you want to build endurance, I think calisthenic workout is enough.

If you like jogging but don't want to go out. You can walk at home. I do walk at home for 20 mins at least. My house is not big, I just do several hundred turns inside home. Improvise, adapt, overcome. :p

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try meditation for 5 to 10 min . There is am App called PrimedMind by Elliot Roe. It is really good.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing better than a good sleep.

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
after a long session, eat and sleep well is the best recovery for me