Patience

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most obvious, and most likely the most important quality, is patience. Ask any “regular” what you need to consistently show good poker - patience will be on the first lines of any list.your opinion?

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I totally agree with you my friend ... "Patience" the key to success playing poker ...! there is no doubt ...!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is that this is the key that opens all doors, not only in poker but in life. Especially in slow tournaments, who has failed to cultivate patience, is a candidate to get out of the tournament quickly. Greetings.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is an important quality of a person not only in poker but also in many other areas of life. No wonder they say that patience and work all peretrut.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah patience is super important and you have to stay focused to not miss your opputurnity. I keep listening to music to not let my brain think about anything else while i play.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
indeed

i have to admit that most of my losing games are missing that one thing and i do have to remind myself as i play, for some it may come easy but i find i need to tell myself throughout game that i need to remember patience. sometimes i tell my self to shut up but that's another issue- lol

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, the entire time in a tournament is spent on balancing patience with aggression. You don't want to waste too many chips playing mediocre hands. You also can't bleed too many chips away by folding. In addition, once you enter a pot, you can't always run away at an opponent's first sign of aggression. In all of my good tournament runs, I was able to strike an ideal balance between the two.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say this is mostly true but it depends on the blinds obviously. Early in tournaments there are two sides of thought. One is to be patient and chip up accordingly while the other is be aggressive and chip up quickly to be able to bully. Don't think neither is wrong but if anyone has played against me they know I am patient and basically nitting sweaters early in a tournament.

I like the patient way of going about things because I feel you are giving yourself a chance where the aggressive side of the coin can get themselves in trouble very early and never allow the good opportunities to come because they may have already busted out.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think patience is very important in poker. I think because of the lack of this skill,many players do not manage to achieve good results. If you have no patience you have no chance of success!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have to say patience is a great thing to have in poker and is underestimated by many players. Its always amazes me when someone is just card dead as can be finally get a playable hand and suddenly goes nuts with a hand that not so good but looks great after folding for and hour. KQo is a good example of what I am thinking of.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J agree that patience is important, especially in situations that you are thirsty to finally act but the action in front of you suggests otherwise.
What I find even more important and probably the most important of all things is to be able to psychologically manage your bad beats and keep playing your A game no matter what and to not get affected by other players and the way that they behave on the table. (like 'I have a history with that guy, now I'll show him!' xD)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, that patience is one of the important qualities in poker. Also to the main qualities I would add control over emotions.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sure is. You must be very patient while playing.

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed you have to be patient in life to achieve anything!

A

Awaaaaahh21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But wait to long for good hands and u might be outplayed by players who play wide ranges? Am i wrong?

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is an absolute truth without patience you end up being taken by stress and bad decisions that can make you forget the basic things of the game that can make you lose money the lack of patience and calm makes you play hands without thinking and thinking is the main thing for a sport of the mind. I particularly stopped playing for 2 years for not being able to emotionally handle poker situations and saw that it was the best thing I did. so it is always good to look for a quiet spot to be able to choose actions in the most intelligent way possible

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely yes . Patience that I miss

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Patience is very important in the game whatever poker version and also in the long term, during our poker course. Also it is very important to understand the maths of the game.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, this is an important quality of a good player.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know .. here I absolutely agree with you .. have patience .. have a victory .. have no patience not to see you ending .. don’t sit at the final table .. have to be patient like that!
:cool:

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure like with everything else in life, you will need a lot of patience in everyday problems, x situations when you are getting on the edge, in school and after that at work, home with your family, colleagues, other passers by. Working on that part is I believe one crucial thing.
With a lot of fast moves you can get out of your zone and in a second destroy all you have build. Same thing in the poker, not calculated fast moves get you in the deep black water, drowning yourself and all your stack you have build. Problem is that all we know to have patience when everything is ok, at the bad hard moments having patience is like mastering shaolin monks skills.
Really one of the most important things in life and poker, I agree with that.