Near the BB how much of the Buy-in are you willing to lose

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suppose you are locked in the money if you fold your way into it. ITM is 2X the buyin.

You are relatively short stack. You have about 10BB about 3Buy in worth of chips.

Excluding top 3 hands AA-QQ, how tight would you fold yourself into the money?
Remember AK is only a 60% favorite against a none pair hand.

At this point folding into the money, is that a smart move or a dumb move? 9 Hand table everyone has your covered. average stack size 25BB. Half the players are TAGs, other half are LAGs. You are position between a LAG on the left VP 30% and a TAG 10% VP on the right.

What kind of hands will you shove with?
Anyone going to just fold their way in the money for 2-3 orbits losing 5-7.5BB?

Buy in is 1% of your bankroll.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
resize

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never purposely fold into the money. sometimes it just happens and that's fine, but it's never the plan to do so.

if i find a hand or a situation to get my money in, i'll take it.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suppose you are locked in the money if you fold your way into it. ITM is 2X the buyin.

You are relatively short stack. You have about 10BB about 3Buy in worth of chips.

Excluding top 3 hands AA-QQ, how tight would you fold yourself into the money?
Remember AK is only a 60% favorite against a none pair hand.

At this point folding into the money, is that a smart move or a dumb move? 9 Hand table everyone has your covered. average stack size 25BB. Half the players are TAGs, other half are LAGs. You are position between a LAG on the left VP 30% and a TAG 10% VP on the right.

What kind of hands will you shove with?
Anyone going to just fold their way in the money for 2-3 orbits losing 5-7.5BB?

Buy in is 1% of your bankroll.

I am going to shove aggressively if folded to me in one of the later seats (hijack, cutoff, button). But I will generally play tighter in early position.

This is where following a shoving chart will keep things easy and +EV

As for folding down to nothing, if absolutely no spots come up sometimes there's not much you can do, but in general it is better to even take some slightly -EV jams when on 6-7 big blinds because if you let the blinds go thru you, you have to double up just to get back to where you were (almost).

So with 10-15 big blinds I'm ok with letting the blinds go thru, but if I get down to 6 I am looking for very wide places to shove and be the first one in the pot.

Before the money is completely different, in those spots I will fold down to 2-3 BB if no spots come up to make a shove with fold equity. ICM is a real thing! :sleep:

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im not just interested in getting the min payout. With 10BB depending on position Im still going to play position and hands aggressively. The goal is the final table having said that Im going to be cautious of people raising in front of me however again Im not going to fold to someone constantly stealing blinds. What a lot of people dont realize is at some point you may just need to call with crap and hope to hit. Often ive been forced to call with lets say 8j and found out im ahead.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with AA if you have a small stack you're going to get more callers, meaning you're less likely to win the hand. I've folded AA when there's only 3 or 4 players to go to the money depending on the tournament. In a satellite it's pretty much an auto fold if you know you will qualify by doing so,

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
normally, I should press everyone in AA QQ KK JJ TT AKo AQo 99 if necessary to double my chips and move on in the tournament and think of something to keep from swallowing or blind.

V

vashsv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said min cash is 1% of the bankroll, in that case I dont think I will try to fold into the money, if I will have a spot to play a good hand I will do so. I might have to fold if I am completly card dead, or there is no good spots, lets say I have a playble hand that I would not mind shoving on the Button or SB if it there was no bets before, but I will fold it if there was lots of action before me. Now lets say somehow I won a satilite or a few of them to get into a big tourney where min cash is a big % of my bankroll, I would consider folding into the money - it would be a good win bankroll wise. But with 1% would be a different story.