Multi table freerolls

S

stephenpowell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What strategy do you employ during large tournaments? Do you play more aggressively then normal? Do you wait for the big cards and hope to win an all-in? Do you slow play?

I am curious to hear others strategies!

S.Powell

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I remain patient and look forward to a good opportunity.

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is crazy to play several tables and more if they are different poker rooms and if they are freeroll more.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are always a lot of weak players in such tournaments - that's why I’m not in a hurry, I’m waiting for a good hand and play it very quickly and aggressively (there are always players who pay me for my patience)!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play a lot of freerolls when it used to have tons of good ones, nowadays I rarely play them, but when I do, I play tight and wait for a good hand because there a lot of crazy players willing to go all in with any cards

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
it is crazy to play several tables and more if they are different poker rooms and if they are freeroll more.

So Dr Brainiac what's your advice on cardchat tournaments in various sites which clash with eachother ... :damnmate:

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I start off playing straight forward tight/aggressive poker until I've established that image. I wait for quality hands, and play them aggressively when they come. That means raising to minimize the number of players in the hand, not jamming all-in pre-flop. If I have it I bet it. If I don't, I won't.

Once I have that image solidly established I start to open my game up. I might widen my range slightly. I will start trapping and check/raising and bluffing.

If I get moved to a new table, with all new players, I might have to start over and re-establish my tight/aggressive image and straight forward style. Then, once they think they have me figured out again, I will start throwing different wrinkles into my game.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely the usual strategy for MTT freerolls is to play tighter and wait for ideal moments to increase your stack as the field starts to dwindle. There's nothing to lose financially for people in freerolls, so it's usually better to wait it out for the best opportunities to make moves.

M

MrRag3r14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What strategy do you employ during large tournaments? Do you play more aggressively then normal? Do you wait for the big cards and hope to win an all-in? Do you slow play?

I am curious to hear others strategies!

S.Powell

So I can in 3 places free roll won 9 bucks lol really wanted to win into the tournament. I play free rolls differently, I wait for big hands go all in the beginning of the tournament. Sometimes I’m out right away bad luck you can call it I get a call AK against 63 it’s free people play very loose in the beginning. Late in the tournament last 30 is when you have to tighten up and play good poker. Just my two cents I’ve had plenty of top 30 freerolls, I’m still learning.

O

oscarhuka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many writing and strategies, such as playing a freerroll, the only thing I recommend is that when you have strong hands, you enter with all your chips in the center, there will always be a novice willing to pay with any hand.

Don't fall for your chips at first! Many novice players want to double their chips from starting levels when the blinds are small and bad bets happen very quickly.

Wait for the jackpots to rise and take advantage of their advantages and strategies.

Regards.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the tournaments I play are freerolls. My strategy is very simple, and effective, is to play only with strong cards, using my position at the table.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have certain hands I like to play with 3 5 being my all time favorite. I hate A? Not even a real big fan of AA. AK is probably my least favorite as I would much rather have 22 over AK. Then there is the dreaded JJ! I hate pocket J's and only have 2 days I play them, all-in or fold. In the bigger MTT YOU NEED TO BE PATIENT, jump on the chances you get. Always read the board carefully and think of what hands can beat you and bet accordingly for in a freeroll you most likely won't push them off if they even think they have you.:D:D

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning I am patient and waiting for a good hand and trying to get to know my opponents.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, it was tight, then more aggressive.

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to play many tables! To me is hard have a fast decision!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In good expensive tournaments, I use a strategy to wait for good cards and try to play aggressively to get a large stack of chips for further play, in other tournaments I can play according to a different strategy!

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play aggressively, now it’s calmer and more expectant, I prefer not to take much risks and limp into the flop. Maybe this is stupid, but I can get in 50-100 of 3000-4000 opponents

D

DavidSWE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I where to play a freeroll now a day when they ususally have such small pricepool I would just go all in several times and see if I amassed a huge stack to see if it would be worth it to play it because then I had invested little time to know if I hade a good chance or reaching far in it.

If you want to play well, then I would play tight in the beggining but definitely call all ins early with good hands. like JJ+ AQ+ maybe 78s-QJs.

Then when the first wave of all ins who just want to double up or bust are gone I would play normally, medium tight, depending on the other players.

Freeroll Passwords