vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Some say the farther into the forest, the more firewood. Others say one day in poker is 99 percent luck and 1 percent skill. Today I want to speculate about champions, what is their secret? Why does one become the champion, and the other average player does not reach such heights, although there is no difference between them? Is there a balance in poker? Why does one achieve high results in a year, and the other reaches within 10 years? How does it work, that champions know something that is inaccessible to others? Why do the rest continue to pour in funds and play without profit, for pleasure, huge losses, both material and health and others? I always think that non-standard personalities win, or rather personalities with a non-standard game, but at the same time they are as stable as possible, perhaps this is the difference between a champion and an average player, a feeling of the moment of victory when the rest are least expected:idea::cool:

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My answer would be mental game:

Becoming a good poker player requires so much hard work and discipline. A lot of players simply don't put in the work.

Ofcourse talent plays a role as well in how quickly you'll learn and how high your ceiling is. But I think everyone can become a decent regular if you put in the proper hours of studying and grinding. Most players just aren't willing to do so.

And then there's also the category of players who are actually good enough, but don't have the discipline for proper bankroll management. No matter how good you are, you'll always go broke if you don't have proper BRM.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fall into the average player with bad terrible chronic BRM.
BRM is hugely underrated still. If I can't practice good BRM at some point I might as well quit Poker.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using CardsChat mobile app