B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saw this today and thought it was cool.

Guy I thought was AFK at the table because it had "sit out" on him.

Well people kept fighting for his blind. So 1 guy raise 2.2BB, other other called trying to get those free blinds.

The big blind woke up, with AA and wasn't sitting out at all. Squeeze the crap out of everyone with 20BB raise all in. 2 folded and 1 called with 44s.

Thought it was funny how the whole table thought he was afk, but just mining action.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What site?

They shouldn't be showing that you're sat out in tourneys. The don't at global but I sometimes figure out someone is because they are always instafolding or instachecking when limped to in the BB.

Without it showing they wouldn't be able to pull that.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What site?

They shouldn't be showing that you're sat out in tourneys. The don't at global but I sometimes figure out someone is because they are always instafolding or instachecking when limped to in the BB.

They show now at ACR.

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this is a great trick, it's a pity it is extremely difficult to turn it, because you don't know when a super strong hand will come to you

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds to me like a mere coincidence, that his first hand after coming back to the table was AA. Its hardly a profitable strategy to sit out for several orbits and get blinded away just to be able to pull this one off, if you are dealt a big hand :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What site?

If they don't show they are sitting out even more players would try to limp to them. Limping to sitters is pokers equivalent of smoking, it hurts everyone at the table, and only the guy doing it thinks its smart.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they don't show they are sitting out even more players would try to limp to them. Limping to sitters is pokers equivalent of smoking, it hurts everyone at the table, and only the guy doing it thinks its smart.

Why would you limp to a player you didn't know was sitting out? Limping is bad play to begin with. And so what if you did limp to a sitter? One bet on the flop from anyone and they fold.

When its known a player is sitting out it also gives too much of an advantage to the player to the left of him because he can pull off more steals. Its better not to show it in a tourney. They just get folded as soon as someone bets.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know why you would limp to a player you did not know was sitting out, but I would sure raise them if I knew they were sitting out.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some sites will show a player is sat out. Others you have to pay attention.

At times where I'm not sure if someone is there and I'm the only player to act I just limp. On pokerstars a sitout will auto fold to a limp. Other sites you can tell by how fast the player checks that they are sat out, then a min bet will take it.

The worst thing is to check a hand down with a sitout involved.