I want to know your opinion on this.

Iggykiddo

Iggykiddo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

Im in this situation sometimes and I'm always as insecure of what to do here.

When this hand goes into a 3-bet, 4-bet and then they shove.

Ofcourse it depends on table structure and what not but if we only look at this situation as it present to us as in the picture i attatched here.

Is this mostly a call if someone shoves us if we have pocket kings on the flop if it turnes out rainbow like this situation.

Im always scared about sets/two-pairs and aces. This situation doesn't happen A LOT, but when it does, i don't really know what to do.
Do you call?

/Iggy

https://gyazo.com/75b9ea15d7f1e53117a5693650d465e6

Attachments

• ad3abeef0691f82eaa455800e823fd0c.jpg
    ad3abeef0691f82eaa455800e823fd0c.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 45
makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When I am holding KK and the board is rainbow, I would make a big bet or all in. I would like to see a K from the river and collect the pot!

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you have left out all the little details about the play of a hand that we use as information in making our decisions. If all you are telling us is you have kings and someone shoves on a 932 rainbow board then it will depend you're read of the other player. Since you have given us nothing else I can only reply that, of course, you would call.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
As gryphon stated above it is impossible to answer without knowing how big the bet is compared to your stack and what type of player that bets is.

If Mr Super Passive Nit bets all-in for a lot of money it is a high chance that I fold.

If I have little money left in my stack after Mr Bluffy or Mr I Over-Value My hands bets I call almost always.

In very general terms: if they have invested more than ca 10% of their stack with a pair that hits a set, they just about break even I you always call. So say they or you have invested 15% or more of the effective stack in the pot you almost always win in the long run if you call. (Exception is if they slow play AA).

The only time you go AGAINST the math is if a predictable tight passive player bets or raise when they almost never do this with a worse hand or a bluff.

For more on SPR (Stack to Pot Ratio) with over pairs you can read this article: https://www.splitsuit.com/spr-poker-strategy

The short answer is that you always stack off with over pairs if the SPR is lower than 3.

Last edited:
U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

A lot calling. That is not good. Its a good idea to fold the winner by giving it a little power bet say 4 to 5 times big blind. A blind and a blind increase only keeps people in cause they think its just lets say ten more. As far as calling on the turn and river. You have to ask yourself have you hit trip kings recently. If you haven't hit trip kings in a while, have you hit trips with the last three pocket pairs. If you haven't hit trips in a while, go all-in. Good bet your hitting trips.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
According to the preflop, it is best to go up to 35 percent to predict the other players, demonstrating with that raise you seem to have a pair of 9 without demoting the true strength of your hand, even if someone pays you, it will be AK or some combination of A but not a pair of A since it would have started with a stronger fit and not only pay ahroa, there is also a risk that some A will come out but sometimes you must take the risk without compromising your bank much

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have an overpair on that board. You have to call. IF they have a hand that beats you, say nice hand and move on. You have to play your strong hands, unless you have a read that you are beat.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on, how deep you are, and how big the pot is already. You can use the stack to pot ratio (SPR) as a rough guide. SPR is the relation between the pot size and the effective remaining stack. If for instance the pot size is 750 chips, and the shortest stack has 3.000 left behind, the SPR is 4.

With an SPR less than 3 this is an absolutely automatic stackoff against almost anyone. 3-6 its situational but mostly still a stackoff on this exact board, since most people will stack off worse overpairs and not just their sets, and they rarely have two pair. If the SPR is more than 6, I typically want more than just a pair to stack off. But I might still do it against a wild player, who can show up with a lot of different hands including some complete airball bluffs.

Last edited:
kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I just go all in if the villain wants to flirt, he will have to risk all his chips. I don't see another option.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id be all in, but I agree I would be scared of pocket twos, treys, nines or aces lol

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends.. Notes on players are very helpful in such situiations. If the tourney is big id rather fold if no info on players and you want to stay in the tourney.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here you need not only to call, but also raise, re-raise and all-in.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK with that board I go all-in if the villain has a set or two pairs, well bad luck but I'm not going to fold KK with that flop

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holding pocket KK is a great hand
I would do the following:
First bet big at the preflop
When the flop shows and you think you stand good, then bet higher
Or go all-in

yelmopoker01

yelmopoker01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that within the poker world we cannot see ghosts and focus on the studies that put us in front of our opponents. In the long run we will be being victorious in the game and GL for us !!!

yelmopoker01

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK in this situation go all-in because this is the perfect flop, it is not coordinated to color or straight. GL