I love cracking Aces but..

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all love to crack Aces since 95% of the players will never lay Aces down after the flop. However we all hate having our Aces cracked !

What are you favorite hands to crack big pairs with ?

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cracking Aces

Love playing KQ suited against pocket rockets. With KQ suited have a chance to hit a flush, a straight or 2 pair. Also any pocket pair has worked for me in cracking pocket rockets and hitting trips.

GL ALL! :D

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suited connectors - at least 20% chance of win against big pocket pairs. Many things can be done with that kind of hands - flush draws, straight draws, two pairs, trips. I love to play these kind of hands not only to crack big pocket pairs, but usually there are a lot of outs after the flop. Pre-flop it is a weak hand, but after that usually can became very strong and beat the strongest hand pre-flop due to the a lot of varieties the suited connectors can have.

Also, I usually love to play them when there is a big raise pre-flop knowing that these kind of person will have something big like AK, AA, KQ, JJ , and he will hold the best cards and I will be not worried about that he will have a better kicker and if we hit a top pair then, to loose with a better kicker. :)

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
98s is my favorite hand to crack AA

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
When you're at the table you don't know if Villain is holding Aces or Kings, it's all about the flop and your hand at the time. Last time i cracked AA with 4To. he limps in early position, i was in the BB, everyone folded i checked. Flop came 3J4 rainbow, he bet half pot wich is 1.2bb i think, i call. Turn is a T, he bet pot size, i raise and he jam showing AA, my 4To hold. I see that Aces are cracked too often when they are limped preflop especially in the micro and medium buy-in MTTs.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10Q is a hand that has allowed me several times to crack the AA of my opponents. but it is always a surprise for me to find myself in this situation. I hope all your AAs will hold out and bring you lots of crisps. because it's never nice to lose with this hand.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my favorite hand and playing a straight and honest game without giving bad beat to others, I even feel ashamed when I give a bad 99 against QQ JJ TT KK AA and something that is not in my daily life but there are situations that we should apply esaas bads is unfortunately part of the game!

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My favorite is any junk hand in the BB that hits 2-pair or better against a limper with AA who thinks he's getting tricky. It's even better when they start raging in the chatbox after doubling me up, that's the risk you take when you let me see a free flop and have no idea what I'm holding :aetsch:

TheSeaWizard

TheSeaWizard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually prefer to have a flopped set with a lower pair to crack any preflop big pair because what happens if you flop a set? Your opponent only has two outs most of the time to hit his higher set.

Take for example:

44 (Hero) vs. JJ (Villain)

Flop is 4 10 5 rainbow

Your opponent's percentage isn't all that high in this situation and usually if he had pocket tens here, he would usually slow play it.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, my aces and kings have been losing a lot lately, and I don't remember winning against aces with a weak hand.:)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this thread really got me thinking and i guess i don't really care about cracking aces. if i do, it's very often some type of cooler situation. i don't feel bad about that when it happens, but i can't say the same for my opponent.

other sometimes, it might be in a situation where i go for a play, getting caught, and i hold. for example, if i have j5o in the bb with 11 bbs and there are 6 limps before me. i might jam to try and rep a big hand to scoop up the pot and get called by aces and i win. sure, i feel pretty silly when it happens but i wouldn't say i love cracking aces that way.

i guess i'm pretty neutral about it.

madbeeet

madbeeet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, aces cannot be played weak. Better to win less than lose a lot to junk hands. I saw this very often and learned the lesson

Y

yuurepoer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, aces cannot be played weak. Better to win less than lose a lot to junk hands. I saw this very often and learned the lesson

Yeah best is to make a large raise pre-flop.. i lost with aces the other day against someone with pocket sixes who made a set on the flop.. :(

O

oleg1997

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
with suited connectors or with a small pair 22-66:D:D:D

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Been having my aces cracked a bit to much lately so i wilt be kind and not crack anyone else's aces at this time.

Yeah you are right and I am full of SH&t. Pocket sixes is the hand I like to crack them with.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel that Aces should win whenever they come around, whether to me or someone else. I love to win against aces but I always feel like the person with aces got cheated.

madbeeet

madbeeet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah best is to make a large raise pre-flop.. i lost with aces the other day against someone with pocket sixes who made a set on the flop.. :(
You know, in poker there are often moves and I personally feel about losing 66 well, it happens) But there is worse when AA limps and they are moved 72 here it is insulting and you feel that you are doing everything wrong :D

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like winning with AA more than cracking AA, but I agree overplaying big pairs early can be a big problem.

Just not looking to get all-in postflop with only one pair (no matter the pair), against most players is pretty easy when you are deep stacked.

If you suspect you may be beaten you can pot control or make a disciplined laydown and go on your way.

Set-mining is surprisingly effective I think mainly because it is so hard to put someone on a set.

Good luck! :D

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it when I get my little pair in the set

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aces

well i do enjoy knocking out big pockets with two pair,or a nice str.
I also get my share of the smashed aces and kings, hopefully we dont put to much love into a single pair

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to crack them with low pockets 4’s are my favourite.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suited connectors that dont need an A to complete a straight.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
if it feels good when you beat AA, KK or cards of that style, but when it is the opposite it is like: this really happens to me (lol) well but at the end of everything it is part of the game, I think I do not have favorite cards but I hate JJ lol