I don't know what's happening

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

I have a big problem and it's that I'm not playing focused on the table, I returned to play poker 5 days ago and I played very confident and focused the first tournaments, but now I'm playing wrong, bad calls, bad raises, etc.

What you think is going on?

Can you give me some tips to keep the focus on the table and keep playing my A game?

Thanks you so much!

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Plan what tournaments you will play and how you will play, review your tournaments' past to see where you are wrong, before entering the game, train a little in ICM, do everything you have to do, eg you need to send an email, answer something, need to get the clothes, anything that during the tournament can get your attention so you think you need to do that .. when you play keep in mind just the game, and planning you for the day that will play ... I guarantee you'll help, my friend.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Analyze what you are labeling as "bad", then start training yourself to do the opposite. You need to recondition yourself on these "bad" tendencies. Also, try to find a style of play that fits you well and stick to it. I started out playing pretty tight but found more success playing a bit looser and more aggressively. I'm still tweaking but I've identified where this style is weak and am working to make changes. Remember it'll be a moving target for a bit, but you'll get it. Keep at it.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Write down your own set of rules. Your own code of conduct. And i meam u must use paper and pen to do that. bankroll management, hands range, Game Style and so on. Write a program and start testing it, if it's not working - change the code during the teting process. IF you have no plan it means chaos... What is Chaos? You don't know what's happening = this is Chaos. Tilt increases the chaos, but tilt is a bad opponent versus a good strategy.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In these moments, think back to your past successes, reread the biography of your favorite player, watch again the poker videos that make you vibrate, go to your favorite circle, chat with your friends who are still in love with the game. Pleasure of the game is essential, both for the general happiness of the player, as for its profitability.

Motivation is a matter of dosage. Lack of trust is a problem, but one can also err on the side of overconfidence. It is therefore important to increase your motivation, without exceeding the point where the pressure will be too strong and have a negative effect.

Before starting a tournament, remember those you have won. Before you start playing. If it's good, look at your curve. In summary, make sure to think "I'm a champion! », Without necessarily having to shout it.To progress, to improve, it is important to analyze its errors.When one plays his A-game, it is necessary to continue to play; when you play below your A-game, you have to stop playing. A well-focused, well-focused and motivated player will play better.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with small tournsmts again.

No high CC atleast.

The more you play, the more you will get back to your best play.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

how many games were you playing on your return to playing poker 5 days or so ago?

I would step back, reduce my games and focus on less and get yourself into a groove before playing more or multi tabling..

What is your set up/where do you play and what is the environment around you like?

There are many possible reasons but i would strongly advise you go back to basics, even if it means not playing and watching, just relaxing before coming back into the game.

Good Luck!

P

PeedroZack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to think about your game again, and if nothing are helping, stop to play for a few days and be patient, good days are coming

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a dynamic game and that = to be in shape, you need to constantly play and improve your game!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What exactly you mean by not playing focused? Are you distracted and unable to think about the game or you are trying your best but things just do not happen as you think?

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest mistake a poker player can make is to play in focus, this will have a sudden interference in your game. I do not know if it is the case that you are playing more tables than normal, if it is that, go back to the amount you played before and gradually go up to a comfortable number to play. If it's technical mistakes, it's best to do a review and see where your mistakes are, now if it's only the focus, it would be great to see videos about mindset, to research something about a mental coach related to poker, I think this will help.

DanyDGD

DanyDGD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to take a rest and review some videos of great players and try to find your mistakes and you will see with what strength you will play again feeling more secure in your game.

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try playing a bunch of freerolls for a while, and also do more watching. Go watch old videos of past tournaments and cash games, and watch what the pro's do. It might also help to read some of the books, and if you don't like the text book style of most of them, I would read Gus Hansen's book, Every Hand Revealed. And watch some of the games you plan on playing in, and see what the competition is doing.

I think that would be a good place to start.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I re-read dan Harrington book the other day - gave me refresh of a solid strategy- was getting far too aggressive lol

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s impossible to tell you anything, because I don’t have information about your level of preparation for playing poker. You need to re-read all the books that you have previously read, see the new tutorial videos to see the new trends (if you have recently returned to the game).
At the moment, I would advise you to play the simplest ABC game to take a closer look at the field.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
worse is going on tilt for me. Especially when I may the right play only to lose to a runner runner. Have to sit out for a while on leave and refresh myself before getting back to action

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
To improve your concentration, I recommend that you try meditation.
Meditation is the best way to normalize your emotional state.
It always helps me.