Help the amateur start playing "+"

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Friends, I have been playing poker for many years as an amateur. I already lost a lot of money although making a deposit once a month $ 5-10. I understand that nothing can be achieved. what do you advise me to do. I already realized what to earn, namely to earn poker, you can only play just one thing and not all at once. tell me what deposit to do and where to start playing. I repeat, I have been playing rocker for about 6 years, and I understand how to play.

p.s. if that I use a translator. if something is wrong excuse me.

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey bud, glad to hear from you. I would advise proper bankroll managment. Throwing in money that low will almost guarantee that you'll never walk away in the black for more than a short period of time. I'm sure if you've been playing for 6 years, you have heard or at least understand the significance of bankroll managment.

Just to jog your memory, if you're buying in and planning on playing cash games is 20x the max buy in for a particular game and if you plan on playing tournaments you should buy in for 15%-20% of the buy in and avoid rebuy tournaments if you can. This will compensate for your potential losses. One last bit of advice, no fancy stuff, especially low stakes/microstake games. People are way more likely to play passive in small games so stick to general poker with good aggression. Brushing up on your game by doing some research might not be a bad idea either. Good luck!

E

Elisondjp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should study post some hands for debate and focus on your game find your biggest mistakes

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand it . about bankroll. but tell me what is easier to play sit @ go? or tournaments

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I have been playing poker like you for over 6 years. I made small deposits of $ 10-20. I wanted to play MTT, because there are big prizes, but more often than not there it filled the entire bankroll. And compensated for the drawdown in the spin go or zoom game. It turned out to return the loss, but again spent everything in MTT. But over time, I realized that MTT is more difficult for me and decided to play a cash in zoom poker. So I realized that cash is my discipline, not mtt. Now having gained experience, I am learning to play MTT from scratch.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest starting with sit an go tournaments. Play 500 single table sit and gos then start mixing in some 3 table sit and goes. Many sites have them.

Once you feel like you have mastered those then move on to low or micro buy in tourneys and I would suggest veering far away from any rebuy tourney.

Play freezeouts and 1r1a events, 2Rebuy1Add on events. People love to play like it's zynga poker for about 10 levels in a $1 MTT with unlimited rebuys for multiple hours.

It's frustrating and a huge portion of most websites dedicate most tournament slots to these rebuy events. No matter how terrible the play can get. They want the rake. Do not fall for that trap.

Anyways, good luck. Get audible , listen to some poker strategy books and study up every chance you get.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest starting with sit an go tournaments. Play 500 single table sit and gos then start mixing in some 3 table sit and goes. Many sites have them.

Once you feel like you have mastered those then move on to low or micro buy in tourneys and I would suggest veering far away from any rebuy tourney.

Play freezeouts and 1r1a events, 2Rebuy1Add on events. People love to play like it's zynga poker for about 10 levels in a $1 MTT with unlimited rebuys for multiple hours.

It's frustrating and a huge portion of most websites dedicate most tournament slots to these rebuy events. No matter how terrible the play can get. They want the rake. Do not fall for that trap.

Anyways, good luck. Get audible , listen to some poker strategy books and study up every chance you get.
thanks for the advice . but what bankroll do i do to start

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! put $ 100 and start playing cng tournaments of 45-180 people, they are partially similar to MTT you can start from them, but I advise you to play not turbo and work on the game! and of course work on the game!

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! put $ 100 and start playing cng tournaments of 45-180 people, they are partially similar to MTT you can start from them, but I advise you to play not turbo and work on the game! and of course work on the game!
At one time, I played $ 2.50 sit @ go for 180 people. and took top places

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the advice . but what bankroll do i do to start
The bankroll is dependent on you. I suggest not putting more on there that you would be hurt had you lost it. 95% of poker players are not winning players . Fyi

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I recommend you look for a field where you are a winner. Unfortunately I guess you have not experienced a field like this. So play cheaper tournemts as much as possible. Including and mainly freerolls stopping to loose your money and play them like you would play a wsop main event. Play to be the first so time after time you ll improve your game.
If you want to be in higher levels more quickly, so I recommend you to buy a coach.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to try different types, cash, sits and go, tournaments, spin and go, and see which mode you feel better.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brother, in my opinion you should focus on minimizing losses instead of maximizing your gains, and gain experience as cheaply as possible, so don't make any more deposits, play only freerolls until you reach at least $100 on each poker site.

Post every day 3 comments here on Cardschat and apply for Freeroll Club membership as soon as you qualify (that will give you access to a lot more freerolls).

Once you have $100 in your account start playing whatever you want, just make sure you choose the games with the very lowest buy-ins.

Good luck!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you have been playing for about 6 years and continue to lose money, then obviously you are doing something wrong. In this case, I recommend that you start with the simplest. For example, try to play freerolls only and build a bankroll from scratch. If you can not build a bankroll by playing freerolls, then there is no point in making any deposit at all.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just to add to my previous comment on suggesting sit and gos. I would suggest downloading audible or some other type of audio book App and listen to as many poker strategy books as you can.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is impossible to help you simply with advice, for this you need to see how you play and where you make mistakes !!! Try to record a video of your gaming session and share it here (there are many good players on the site) there may be players who will help you !!!

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments are tempting, but generally the take forever, if you got the time, patience, and ability to fight boredom, you can do it. SNGs and Turbo MTTs might be a quicker way to build the bankroll. You won't hit the big jackpot, but I haven't in years anyway. Good luck.

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have been playing for about 6 years and continue to lose money, then obviously you are doing something wrong. In this case, I recommend that you start with the simplest. For example, try to play freerolls only and build a bankroll from scratch. If you can not build a bankroll by playing freerolls, then there is no point in making any deposit at all.
Hello . thanks for the advice. but as you noticed, I play a lot. I'm not one of those people who settle a lot of money and lose. I deposit $ 10-20, sometimes only large sums like $ 100-200.

my mistake and the main trouble. this is what I don’t realize that I am playing a tournament for $ 1.10, and taking 1st place, I don’t understand what's next. and just go into spin @ go 7-15 and even 30 and just lose everything. and then tilt again.

P.S. I apologize for my bad English:rolleyes:

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brother, in my opinion you should focus on minimizing losses instead of maximizing your gains, and gain experience as cheaply as possible, so don't make any more deposits, play only freerolls until you reach at least $100 on each poker site.

Post every day 3 comments here on Cardschat and apply for Freeroll Club membership as soon as you qualify (that will give you access to a lot more freerolls).

Once you have $100 in your account start playing whatever you want, just make sure you choose the games with the very lowest buy-ins.

Good luck!

thanks for the advice . Last year I played at 9 poker rooms. but in the end he devoted only two to pokerstars and PokerMatch (Ukrainian poker sites). and for the year I didn’t make a deposit at pokerstars but I played a lot at PokerMatch and the result was -16000 UAH; it's 650 $ + -. I already laugh if I need to continue. but I understand that I can change the strategy of the game, play at low limits, but I myself am the culprit of my mistakes;)

P.S. sorry for my bad english;)

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just stop playing and start studying. There are 2 MIT open source zipped files which will help you...if you study them (google will help but they are in english). Otherwise, play blackjack and start learning about mental book keeping and develop a fresh perspective. No one can teach you anything...it is up to you to learn and you are asking your question in the right place.:fight:

vadimcs1495

vadimcs1495

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just stop playing and start studying. There are 2 MIT open source zipped files which will help you...if you study them (google will help but they are in english). Otherwise, play blackjack and start learning about mental book keeping and develop a fresh perspective. No one can teach you anything...it is up to you to learn and you are asking your question in the right place.:fight:

all right. I must realize how and what I want. and not see a mountain of money, without perspective. when there is money, it is not enough, when there is none, it is sad. when you win, I want to share the victory with someone, and losing leads to a big loss. if you do not control it;) I understood everything. thank
:party::party: