Getting AA early, do you hate it?

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds at 10/20 you get AA, what do you do? All In everybody fold, you bet low and all trash hands appear behind a flush.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never hate getting aces. If I'm lucky, someone will raise in front of me. In which case I will put in a 3-bet and hope to get 4-bet and so on. When I feel like there is enough chips in the pot or I'm sure I have a player on the hook, I will go all-in. If it's not raised in front of me, then I will open with my standard raise of 3x + 1x for each limper in the pot in front of me and hope to get re-raised, so I can 4-bet and so on until I'm ready to pull the all-in trigger. I want to get them all-in, but I also don't want to let a bunch of luck boxes into the pot. So I don't want to just open shove and chase everyone out. Nor do I want to come in too light and encourage half of the table to call. But I would rather have everybody fold, than to have some chump get lucky and crack my hand.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because you get them ear is y does not you will not get them later on, there is no memory in the dealing. It's just a good hand whenever it appears.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hate? No, man... it's Aces and I love it!!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Just don't treat AA like they have super powers. They are just the strongest hand pre-flop and nothing more. After the flop if you see aggressive moves by your opponents in super wet boards etc just be ready to fold them.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A pair of aces is always a good chance, regardless of the stage of the tournament. I am always happy if I get a pair of aces.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds at 10/20 you get AA, what do you do? All In everybody fold, you bet low and all trash hands appear behind a flush.

In this situation I try to make a raise that causes a re-raise in the enemy and consequently, resulting in an all-in hand. As it is a small and low big blind, it is not appropriate to give allin all at once, unless it is a very aggressive tournament.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure I have ever seen this question ask like this. So we have the blinds mentioned and we know it is early. Just guessing not early in the day, or night for that matter but few hands into the session or tournament. Thinking there is not a lot of information for this scenario, but here it goes. It is never to early or late, huge stacked or short, out of position or late to have aces, rockets or what ever other descriptive saying you can come up with.

Guess there was a second part of this unique question? All in or bet low was the only choices? Well, early in, guess try to get as much as you can with an isolation move.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when the blinds are still low. I like to play my AA as if I were playing them in cash game. I raise in * 8 preflop to be called only by hands max JJ.QQ.KK.Ak. for the flop I bet the pot to be able to push the rest of my stack to the turn. on the other hand if I have a bad image at the table and that several of my opponents do not hesitate to call with weak hands. I do not hesitate to all-in preflop.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never hate to have Ases.
Is better when it comes later ..

R

Raposo27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if it's better to have Aces later, Aces are Aces.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, on the run AA has a good chance of winning

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is a freeroll you can go All In and wait for a call from another player

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely get them anywa, so its always nice to see :)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I might raise to 360 or so to make them pay dearly.

I really only want 1 or 2 callers.

Why would they call such a big raise? They have put me on a big pocket pair and they have hope to crack me.

If I have 4 or 5 callers then I really have to be ready and willing to fold at some point.

Good luck !

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it. AA, KK, QQ in 80% of times i lose those games. I wish i can just gold that hand and ignore cards but i don't. At least i don't go all on anymore.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question is poorly written, with no context of seat position or stack sizes or player tendancies it is impossible to say anything other than, get the money in asap

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hahaha never hate Aces.... you can be beated early and evening if you cant let go AA =)

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not at all :) aces always make me smile, even if you get no action, a small pot is always welcome :)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate getting Aces period in OMH. It's just a losing hand, unless you manage to scare people out of the hand, or your other two cards connect. I'm considering not even playing them unless I'm on the button, and then only if I'm on a lucky streak, which happens once every 3 or 4 months (7 - 12 months at the outside).

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, normally they will fold, but it is better to bet hard and not slowplay, because if not many garbage hands are going to pay you and you may end up losing the pot

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Always consider kicking with aces; don't try to be tricky. But don't forget, pocket aces are just one pair

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never hate it, the hand I like most is AA, I always want to take it. Of course, sometimes there will be boards that I will have to leave but in the vast majority of times I will win, so I always want to get them.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I play it with raise 10x blind that usually flushes out all rag hands if I get a reraise and it leaves a head-up play I'll go over the top of that raise enough to have the other player totally committed or having to fold. I have no problem at this point going head to head with AA