Flame me for my play

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found the play very bad since the pre flop.

When this is so, you 3-bet. You had a stack for that.

Flop K is easy fold and doesn't compromise your tournament

I

iPGaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I 3 bet when no1 raised me. I was the raiser.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's tough since the blinds are so big and you have about 23 BB. With that being said, being that early in position, I would bet a lot bigger or even shove preflop.

Also, at what point of the tourney was this in? Was it ITM? Bubble?

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you know anything about the SB? I thinking calling the flop is ok, only one overcard. When he doesn't slow down on turn I am thinking he has at least AK for TPTK and maybe a set or 2 pair. Especially since now he has led into you (the preflop aggressor and then bet again even when you showed strength by calling.

Calling turn was probably minus EV and then though the river bet was smallish, you just aren't beating any hands that he is betting three streets with. If he is bluffing I think he tries to put you all in. Anyway, live and learn.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It was obvious that there was something strong in your opponend`s hands! You lost your chips very easily!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never "flame" you for playing badly,,,i welcome it. ;) and remember,deposit early n often! :)

I

iPGaming

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you know anything about the SB? I thinking calling the flop is ok, only one overcard. When he doesn't slow down on turn I am thinking he has at least AK for TPTK and maybe a set or 2 pair. Especially since now he has led into you (the preflop aggressor and then bet again even when you showed strength by calling.

Calling turn was probably minus EV and then though the river bet was smallish, you just aren't beating any hands that he is betting three streets with. If he is bluffing I think he tries to put you all in. Anyway, live and learn.
Yep. This. I should have maybe called flop and give up from there. He doesn't just call with any 2 (usually). Anyway I know I played that one poorly I just don't know why. Tired? Had enough? Tilting from other tables maybe... I have to stop doing those poor calls and losing more money than I should.