Bubble question

R

rainver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SNG 27max, bubble time, 3players before ITM, Hero on BB with 8bb AJ suited, UTG all-in with 2.5bb, UTG+1 cheap leader call, SB 12bb call. Your action?

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep, in my eyes an easy fold too.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couldn't you describe why?
8бб is a game of push / fold, UTG 2.5 BB do not take into account, SB 12бб is likely to play a number of all-in and most likely have a strong hand. I don't think he 12бб will have a weak hand, the chip leader will not give us after viewing the flop just to pick up the pot and is likely to fail us all-in, so that the distribution of the number of AJ is negative the game is, we can only all in or fold, maybe all-in is the only proper solution but against 3 players AJ weak hand

odranorkan

odranorkan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold easy, in this situation the cheap leader or the SB may be slow-playing with premium hands, and you could be dominated by mostly hands, plus the chance to win that pot are minimal. I would give all in if the SB had folded.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without knowing the buy in is more difficult to say but I would go all in because the intention is to be in the Top 5 because these are the lucrative positions. This is a good opportunity to triple and AJs is a good hand to shove with 8bb. Going all in the bubble shows a lot of strength. If it does not work, open another table and continue playing. This is poker. Good luck.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Fold, because of the AJ ! It is not a strong hand for this case!

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. it's easy to beat in that situation

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold against 3 players - 2 of which have you covered.

Theoretically the bigstack could knock-out 2 of those players and now you are literally on the money.

More interesting question is if you wake up with JJ.

Good luck !

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My reaction is an easy fold!
Wait for them to eliminate themselves.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you nits folding for 1.5 BBs more when the pot is ~9.5 BBs and you're getting 6.3:1 to call preflop?

I'd jam to iso with with UTG.

UTG likely opening with 100% of their range with only 2.5 BBs. AJs has that range crushed. UTG+1 and SB aren't showing any preflop strength with their preflop calls. There is ~9.5 BBs in the pot already and we're a 65/35 favorite against UTG's range to scoop a nice pot and more than double our stack.

I'm not worried about busting out 3 from the bubble here with only 8 BBs. I'm more concerned about passing up a great spot to play a ~10 BB pot with 65% preflop equity.

Last edited:
kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an easy fold. The key here is the SB calling because they are committing 2/3 of their stack pre-flop even though the chip leader called the all-in. So, I think you really need to put the SB on a very strong hand. At best, you would be up against 2 hands with AJs, which isn't a great position to be in.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you nits folding for 1.5 BBs more when the pot is ~9.5 BBs and you're getting 6.3:1 to call preflop?

I'd jam to iso with with UTG.

UTG likely opening with 100% of their range with only 2.5 BBs. AJs has that range crushed. UTG+1 and SB aren't showing any preflop strength with their preflop calls. There is ~9.5 BBs in the pot already and we're a 65/35 favorite against UTG's range to scoop a nice pot and more than double our stack.

I'm not worried about busting out 3 from the bubble here with only 8 BBs. I'm more concerned about passing up a great spot to play a ~10 BB pot with 65% preflop equity.
Perfect. Think the same.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would without question Jam..

This is a perfect spot to eliminate one player and substantially crush another player, i feel priced in to jam here besides which i am playing to win the tourney and not just min cash..
The fact that you follow a call from a 12bb stack suggests to me indecision on their part to raise or Jam themselves..
I would feel ok losing here but worse if i dont put the 12bb stack to the test..

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ask yourself can I still win the tournament if I fold now? The answer is easy fold.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Easy jam here too much out there to pass up and none of the players in the hand show any sign of strength. You have best hand here almost always. Big stack will most likely call you SB is likely to fold.

Only way I am folding is if there are 3-4 players that are super short <3BB and will be all in before the blinds come around again to me.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with many who answered. Easy fold

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Falled

Falled

This case's AJ, DOMINEITO, often, they're circumstances.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 3 players to go out I would do all-in here with AJ suited, it's a good hand and calling would put me in a very awkward position I only have 8BB if I call I would stay with 5.5BB just to see the flop, really just you have two options fold or go all-in, this from my point of view is not that it is the right thing is just as I would have acted at that time

vivaldo

vivaldo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just opinion

If I would like to get any money,I would fold,letting them eliminate each other.
If I would like to get in top prices,I would definetly call.
I may be wrong,but as I see it,they can easily have small pair or even something like KJs.