Bubble and FT Short Stacks

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing in the CC freerolls and have noticed at money bubbles and the FT that people limp into short stacks in the blinds. For instance say you're in the SB with 7+ bbs and the BB has 1-2 bbs. Why would you want to limp into the BB and give him a chance to catch a flop? Or worse limp into him and check down all streets?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing in the CC Freerolls and have noticed at money bubbles and the FT that people limp into short stacks in the blinds. For instance say you're in the SB with 7+ bbs and the BB has 1-2 bbs. Why would you want to limp into the BB and give him a chance to catch a flop? Or worse limp into him and check down all streets?

I wouldn't give him that chance.

I would shove on him preflop.

Limping is just weak play or else trying to trap.

That's how I would play it. Make the short stack make a decision to call preflop.

Good luck !

M

Marco 123425

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I've understood your question correctly, arriving at the final table or getting past the cash bubble is everything, so you can expect playing behaviours to alter at these points and yes limping and playing ultra conservatively will happen.

Because of the above, players with weak hands may limp into blinds almost as a bluff knowing that the BB who's low on chips will be unlikely to raise for fear of being called and going out on the bubble/final table, so it can be more a case of the limper trying to catch something than the BB!!

Just my thoughts!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Because it's a freeroll!Isn't it questionable how they have ended up having a 2bbs stack?No it's not , because they just want to make it ITM.

I have seen players open raise/limp with 3-4 bbs many times ITM instead of open jam, of course they have AA+ but what to do when you are in the BB?

Some days ago a 4bbs stack open raised me BvB with 4bbs with AQo instead of open jam , hilarious,isn't it?

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never Assume the BBs Cards

I see your point but I also think it depends on the cards the SB has...if they have crap cards and the short stack calls then you could double them up rather than just limp in and check through minimizing the pot they could potentially take.

Always remember that when they are in the BB they could have any 2 cards and you should play your hand based on your cards when in the SB.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont understand all the high blind limping and I also see a lot of players fold for less than a blind to the short stack. But, I guess that is why we are at CC to work on our game.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this several times in CC freerolls. It confused the hell out of me at first.