Best Tournaments: SpinNGo or Regular?

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you say? Is it ok to play just in spin and go tournament all day or to play in others tournament where can you earn more?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could end up with or less then regular depending on the spin on spin n go compared to regular. It may also affect the payoff positions depending on the spin but its mainly 1 payoff with fewer players.

I would likely go with regular if its all day because at least you know for certain the payoffs, more pay potential payoff periods and amounts you win in advance even though there are more players.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you say? Is it ok to play just in spin and go tournament all day or to play in others tournament where can you earn more?
I would say so if you don’t have much time to play it is better to play tournaments - Spin-Go, but if you have a lot of time it is better to play sit-and-go tournaments or MTT tournaments where there is a good prize pool, but for this you need good game skill and patience and of course good luck to win such tournaments where a large number of players!

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,as you said you wanna play a full day session, well I´d choose regular tournaments because you´ll have more opportunities to earn more money .Of course,that will depend on your poker skills.Good luck in your sessions!

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular sit-and-go is better. They are not so much subject to dispersion. With a stable game in them to achieve more. SpinNGo play fast. But if you do not get a prize Fund higher than x2, you will inevitably find yourself in the red.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I prefer tournaments where I can use my experience and skills. I do not like to play bingo, lottery or roulette. The Spin & Go tournaments are undoubtedly roulette. Good luck.

Poker_Player77

Poker_Player77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally prefer the regular tournaments. I'll play Spin & Gos occasionally if I have really limited time, but don't really like the 500 starting chips. I find most of those games end up being bingo games.

If I don't feel like sitting in an all day tournament, I'll most often go with a single table Sit & Go instead of a spin & go. Regular starting chips, doesn't take all day, you know going in what the prize pool is, and is less likely to be an all out bingo match.

It's all personal preference though ��.

Last edited:
B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

better to play regular but when I'm burned spin game

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Spin are for fun .....but easy win and easy lose money.Regular its more safe cause you playing until the end ,max has better prices but knock out without playing when predicted hands are finished.Its better to try sit and go 9 players if you want fast games or turbo tournament.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
spin and go more lottery. rake only beats at limits of 15. many regular players play in the community - this is not profitable for regular play.

Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin and go tournaments greatly reduce the superiority of one player over another. I think they serve only when you need to increase the rake to reach some goal.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When I don t have much time- spin&go, when I m not tired-regular games.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spins are basically hyperturbo shorthanded SnGs with an element of lottery added to them. If we ignore the lottery element for a moment, then hyperturbo is a format, where skill edge have less opportunities to show, and you end up paying more rake per hand on average. This will reduce the ROI, which a good player can acheive, but on the upside you can play more tournaments, because they are so fast. So its a bit like Zoom vs. regular cash games. Winrates are lower at Zoom, but perhaps for some this can be compensated by higher volume.

My personal experience is, that it is pretty difficult to get a positive ROI even in traditional 9-handed or 6-handed SnGs. So I have no reason to beleive, it would be a good idea for me to select a game format, where in theory at least my ROI is going to be even lower. But if you are a proven solid winner over at least 1.000 traditional 9-handed or 6-handed SnGs, then maybe its worth giving spins a shot. If I am completely honest, I mostly see them as a rake generating machine for the poker sites though.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular tournaments. For most people. If you want to develop your spin n go game play that

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like spin & gos and would probably play them all day long if I had the stamina for it. I usually only play them for an hour or two at a time.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are good at that kind of game, play it, but I don’t know lots of people to have profits in spin and go. For me regular tournaments are better to play, less variance and more skill

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rather play regular, the use of more patience and skill is better than an all luck game of spin and go.