Beginning Tournament Strategy - How Can I Improve?

Y

yago23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good. I tell something happens to me in tournaments. Usually at some point in the tournament I manage to get hold of a stack of chips that allows me to feel comfortable at the table, but it happens that over the hands begin to throw cards that end up winning and play others are losers. As I can improve my strategy. Thanks for the feedback. Regards!

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After you finish a game session, you have to study your mistakes, if you do not use a program to save your hand history, you can save your games in boomplayer, and then study you did wrong in a particular hand.
You can also upload your hands on the sub forum, to analyze hands, then you can get many tips to improve your game. gl
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game much sit & go, what do I change in the sit & go strategy for MTTs?
I can beat the field of Sit & Go 0.50 and $ 1, but MTTs 0.55 and 1.10 am not getting.

PiStealth

PiStealth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good. I tell something happens to me in tournaments. Usually at some point in the tournament I manage to get hold of a stack of chips that allows me to feel comfortable at the table, but it happens that over the hands begin to throw cards that end up winning and play others are losers. As I can improve my strategy. Thanks for the feedback. Regards!
I will recommend study the poker math first. It will improve your game drasticly not just in MTT tables. And about the things you mentioned - don't focus on your cards when you fold them - it's just the luck part. I mean you can't be mad by throwing 73o out of position and they end up being nuts. It's just doesn't worth it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Look at the hand that you are loosing with. What you want to do is see if there was a time you could have done something different that would have saved you chips. Many player become married to there hand and wonder what happened. Say you raise with AA and a tight passive player calls. the flop is K78 rainbow. You bet and he raises and you re raise him and suddenly he raises again, what are you putting him on. Yes you have aces but would he really play top pair this way. The fact is I said he is passive and suddenly he get aggressive in a hand you must be able to fold aces. This is why you should look over your hand history after every session. You will be surprised at time where you see the mistakes.