30BB Pocket 10s squeeze pre

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No stats on villain.
He opens from LP and we jam with pocket 10s for about 30 bigs. Is this a loose shove? could this hand be played in a better way?

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 bet calling seems like a better line. You making to fold too many worse hands and as far as i assume you are in position as well.
Please try to include more info next time.
Hope this helps and GL!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think 30bb and a lot of chips to risk your tournament, more if you think that playing your tournament for a hand like this will be great for the game. in my opinion it was pre fold!

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet calling seems like a better line. You making to fold too many worse hands and as far as i assume you are in position as well.
Please try to include more info next time.
Hope this helps and GL!

Thanks.
How many BB would you say is short enough to shove here? 25 , 20?

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks.
How many BB would you say is short enough to shove here? 25 , 20?

Personally, I try not to shove preflop when over 20BB. With 30BB and a late position raise, I would probably 3bet about 8-9BB. This gives them a chance to fold, which is fine with me. Or they might call, which allows me to see a flop (which might be good for me or scare me out of the pot). Or villain might raise me all in, in which case I can then decide to risk my tournament on TT.

Of course this advice is generic. Were you the button, SB, BB? How deep in the tourney was it? How often was this villain raising LP? More info always helps.

Tournaments are about the long game. You try to play small ball. Try to limit how many times you risk your stack.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how many blinds the villain had.It will also depend on the characteristics of the villain.

Killdalimper

Killdalimper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I try not to shove preflop when over 20BB. With 30BB and a late position raise, I would probably 3bet about 8-9BB. This gives them a chance to fold, which is fine with me. Or they might call, which allows me to see a flop (which might be good for me or scare me out of the pot). Or villain might raise me all in, in which case I can then decide to risk my tournament on TT.

Of course this advice is generic. Were you the button, SB, BB? How deep in the tourney was it? How often was this villain raising LP? More info always helps.

Tournaments are about the long game. You try to play small ball. Try to limit how many times you risk your stack.

Is 3betting pre and folding on flop when a high card hits even optimal? say we have 25bb, guy in LP raises to 3 and we 3bet to 9 and he calls. Flop comes AJx he bets we fold. We're left with 16bb which is within the realm of push fold play.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No stats on villain.
He opens from LP and we jam with pocket 10s for about 30 bigs. Is this a loose shove? could this hand be played in a better way?

it is best to play such a hand postflop or fold. 30bb is quite a playable stack. you can push 10-12 BB

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is 3betting pre and folding on flop when a high card hits even optimal? say we have 25bb, guy in LP raises to 3 and we 3bet to 9 and he calls. Flop comes AJx he bets we fold. We're left with 16bb which is within the realm of push fold play.
Are you in position or in the blinds? If OOP, I think it is a better idea to just call.