Tigerdoom

Tigerdoom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys
Sorry if this is another Newbie Question :p
I am playing a lot of freerolls at the moment and I know that a lot of players either forget to login or miss the event so they are sitting out.

My question is about later on in the event maybe an hour and half in, you get moved to a different table and of the 9 seats, 4 or 5 will have players marked as 'Sitting Out'...is this a deliberate ploy used my some players?:confused:

Because I cannot see the benefits of blindly posting blinds without playing the game? Any ideas why this happens and late in the freeroll? :)

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Possbily they don't have time to keep playing or they have enough chips to get a break.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could be a lot of reasons. If you decide to stop playing to do somethong else, unless you lose all your chips, you are still in the game sitting out until your chips run out.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is not a deliberate strategy, I tell you that. The more players sit out, the more it makes sense to play - to steal the blinds, you know.

There can be plenty of reasons why lot of players sit out. One being that they registered to that freeroll long time ago and do not remember that they need to be there.

B

Boris from Kazan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good day! I used to sometimes use this strategy - doing sit-out, and he watch the game, the theory of such, hands are thrown off the gun, early position can lose with AA, and always get back late, let others think that I just came in and decided to make a coin-flip like, and he of course go all in with a monster)) Here is such an experience. Sincerely, good luck!

E

eyeluvpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see a lot of big stacks sitting out late in tournaments sometimes. I am thinking they are either trying to protect their stacks from a bad beat so they just don't want to play any hands or maybe they had to leave for work or something. I have also seen players sit out every hand except their blinds, probably for reason 1 above. To me those players are more concerned about cashing than winning the whole thing.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is a strategy play to do this.

stefan94

stefan94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most of them are sitting like this , maybe because they are trying go as far as they can in the tournament , or they are a little busy doing some other stuff ..

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are really deep you can take a break and wait until hands get relevant again. Freerolls can be dangerous since a lot of abnormal hands happen because of an all-or-nothing strategy by others. It will also make it easier to maintain focus in the end as freerolls can take a few hours if you want to reach final table

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is tough to say why a player may be sitting out. There are plenty. Regardless of the reason, remember to adjust your play to the number of active players at the table but keep an eye on them to return.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some use strategy and others do other things outside of poker and end up playing out the freeroll few play to win something.