Question on the equity of flopped set against flopped flush

C

_CoA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys,

I noticed a very interesting equity stat. The equity of a set, such as set 5, against flopped flush is 33% according to equity calculators.

It doesn't make sense though. Doesn't the set need to improve to either quad or full house to win the pot? There are only 7 outs, corresponding to 28% equity. It's a big difference between 33% and 28%. Did I miss something? Anyone can help me here? Thanks!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Guys,

I noticed a very interesting equity stat. The equity of a set, such as set 5, against flopped flush is 33% according to equity calculators.

It doesn't make sense though. Doesn't the set need to improve to either quad or full house to win the pot? There are only 7 outs, corresponding to 28% equity. It's a big difference between 33% and 28%. Did I miss something? Anyone can help me here? Thanks!
But you get 3 more outs on the turn. In case 7 outs x 2% ( flop- turn) and 10 outs x 2% (turn-river).

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For equity i use following very easy way to calculate:

On the turn - (number of outs)x2 + 2
On the flop - (number of outs)x4 + 4

So for 7 outs you have 7x4 + 4 = 32%

It is not ultimately accurate (it has 1 or 2% error) but it gives you idea where are you in the hand very quickly.

Full Flush Poker