Question about Bankroll Management

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been away from poker for a while. starting with a $50 bank roll. playing 40c super turbos. If >$51 then play $1 super turbo 6max to increase roll to >200
any thoughts or opinions?

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hope i put this in the right place, mods please move if required;;

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been away from poker for a while. starting with a $50 bank roll. playing 40c super turbos. If >$51 then play $1 super turbo 6max to increase roll to >200
any thoughts or opinions?
So, you're going to go from playing with 125 buy-ins to 51 buy-ins after you increase your BR by 2.5 buy-ins at the .40 games?

That's a huge jump; especially at super turbo games where it's really high variance.

125 buy-ins might be enough for super turbos if you're willing to reload if you bust out. If not, having more buy-ins as a cushion wouldn't be bad a idea. You can always move up if you run good.

Starting at .25 super turbos at a $50 BR gives you 200 buy-ins. Then you can take a shot at .40 super turbos when you have $80. I probably wouldn't even attempt shots at $1 super turbos until I have at least $185-$200+ which gives you 150+ buy-ins. You can always drop down levels if it doesn't go well, but wouldn't attempt it with anything less than 150 buy-ins.

Having 51 (or less because of rake) buy-ins at $1 super turbos isn't enough unless you run really hot.

However, if reloading a busted BR isn't a problem, then ignore my post and play what you wish.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My dear friend! you $ 50. You play on the limits of less than 1 $, if you want to play at stakes $ 1 you need more than $ 50. Much will depend on your ability and playing style! Everything in your power!

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the 50 is all you have to deposit then you have to careful until you get it to 200+ with your MTT buy ins. Stay in the sub .50c buy in level so that you can avoid making another deposit.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now at $150 having ROI of 40%, gonna move up to the $3 dollar level will move back down if drop to 100 BI of previous level which would be $100. Using aggressive bankroll management at the micros will change this once it becomes problematic.
Note .. These are Single Table Tournaments that is STT as opposed to MTT

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now at $150 having ROI of 40%, gonna move up to the $3 dollar level will move back down if drop to 100 BI of previous level which would be $100. Using aggressive bankroll management at the micros will change this once it becomes problematic.
Note .. These are Single Table Tournaments that is STT as opposed to MTT

Playing with 50 buyins is generally speaking OK if you're prepared to drop back down in the event of a bad run. Some people prefer to be more conservative (I've generally been a bankroll nit and preferred 100 buyins for STTs) but it's not the end of the world.

40% ROI is pretty crazy high though, I wouldn't be banking on that continuing long term.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 40% is the only reason I am using aggressive bankroll strategy, Hoping to keep it there all the way through the micros. Once get to the $10 buy ins will either be moving up and down alot or just have to build it up to 100 buy ins. If can get there will have to become a bank roll nit. Not getting alot of volume and only playing one table at a time. Still need to build up a good skill set for winning theses things.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How big is your sample size? If it's been less than a month and you're only single-tabling then it's likely a relatively small sample, and it's very possible (likely, even) the 40% ROI is being skewed upwards by a run of good luck.

Don't underestimate how quickly the skill level of your opponents will go up as you go up in stakes too. It's been a while since I played a high volume of STTs, but it used to be pretty common to find a lot of solid multi-tabling regs even at the $5 level.

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your nailed it. Moved up and had to go back down very shortly'' On the way back up again. What a roller coaster.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Way back when I first joined CC I had a $50 BR. I was told to play 2nl cash. That was good for me, because I really like playing cash. I was also told to play no higher than $0.50 MTTS. I don't play sit an gos. So I done like I was told. Matter of fact, I done everything I was told, and I started learning and winning on a small scale. But my BR went up and I moved up a level with it. I was told about BRM and I learned how to use it, and from that time on I have used it and it has saved my BR more times than I can count. Anyway GL to you

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will need more bank if you want to play the 1$ superturbos, they have high variance and 50 BI is very small

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Im beginning to hit my BRM, and now im increasing it... only way...

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so is 100 buy ins enough for playing super turbo 6 max on 888?

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management