Poker/holdem lingo

Steviewattz

Steviewattz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm no N00B to hold em but I'm no expert either. And I'm reading these posts on this forum and I don't understand some of the lingo/abbreviations for certain hands, types of bets etc etc.

Is there a post on these forums somewhere explaining the language/lingo? If not, itd be awesome if someone made a post of it because it would help tremendously!

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good comment I join your doubt, we hope someone can explain it.

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you! This is awesome! Much appreciated.
Looking through it there are a lot of terms in there that are probably not used as much anymore or for games other than hold'em but I'm sure if you read a post you don't understand you can comment in that thread asking what it means!

Steviewattz

Steviewattz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking through it there are a lot of terms in there that are probably not used as much anymore or for games other than hold'em but I'm sure if you read a post you don't understand you can comment in that thread asking what it means!
Thank you! I'll ask as many questions as I can. I just know from past experiences on forums that people can get "ugly" when you ask questions about things that others think you should know already. So far this community doesn't seem like that but this is my first day in here so I'm still feeling it all out.

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you! I'll ask as many questions as I can. I just know from past experiences on forums that people can get "ugly" when you ask questions about things that others think you should know already. So far this community doesn't seem like that but this is my first day in here so I'm still feeling it all out.
Let them get ugly! You just want answer from them however they provide it is up to them! Don't let it bother if anything lean into it! Ask them more questions, I find if you treat ugliness with niceness sometimes it can turn around! Anyway good luck out there!

Steviewattz

Steviewattz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let them get ugly! You just want answer from them however they provide it is up to them! Don't let it bother if anything lean into it! Ask them more questions, I find if you treat ugliness with niceness sometimes it can turn around! Anyway good luck out there!
Thank you! I appreciate it! And good luck to you also! Do you play on betonline?

Steviewattz

Steviewattz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope! I used to play all sorts of sites and loved it then I moved to America so I'm stuck on ACR only!
I just recently signed up on ACR. Haven't played there yet but I will be soon.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules