PLO pre-flop hand rankings

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a list of all the best PLO hand rankings pre-flop. I have only been able to find the 30 best and a list of the most profitable starting hands (which is not the strongest). Is there anyone out here who knows of a bigger list than just 30? I have been googling for a while and I just can't find it :S

H

hartmann2508

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old post but I also didn't find this ranking, it would be interesting to compare our evolution, to know where they went wrong and where they got it right ..

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone,

I've been looking for a list of all the best PLO hand rankings pre-flop. I have only been able to find the 30 best and a list of the most profitable starting hands (which is not the strongest). Is there anyone out here who knows of a bigger list than just 30? I have been googling for a while and I just can't find it :S

Old post but I also didn't find this ranking, it would be interesting to compare our evolution, to know where they went wrong and where they got it right ..

This isn't what you are looking for but might explain why. 270,725 starting hand possibilities in Omaha vs 1,326 in holdem. That would be one hell of a preflop chart.

They do show a section of a database that "jnandez87" put together. They say it is the closest to an Omaha preflop chart that there is, but you have to pay to see the full thing.

Hope this helps.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think one thing that complicates this in omaha is how to decide when one hand is better than another.

In hold 'em for example, AK is considered the better hand over 22 even though 22 > AK in pre-flop all-in. There are a lot more questions like this in omaha for what makes one hand better than another.

I'd be very interested if someone who plays a lot of omaha chimed in -- are there generally accepted rankings for the omaha starting hands outside of the very best ones?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands