Playing K-10

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to have good luck with these, mostly using the king as a kicker when it's a low flop, tends to turn into two pairs. Other than the perfect circumstances, really not sure how to play it out pre-flop, or how to handle it in various positions post flop.Is J-10 considered stronger due to its combos? I'll leave Q-10 alone though.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually lose with that hand always against A-10 I do not like my advice is that you play with caution or failing that you do not play:mad:

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of these hands fall into the "trouble hand" category. I generally tend to avoid playing them unless they are suited or I'm short stacked. I may occassionally raise those hands in LP if there was no action in front. If I'm in the BB with no action in front, I'd probably just check and see a flop. If you hit one pair, proceed with caution. Put in a bet and see if you can win the pot there. If you hit decent draw, consider a bet or a raise as a semi-bluff. The thing is, you have to avoid playing big pots if you only hit one pair. Anybody showing resistance probably has you dominated. So, you need to be disciplined enough to let them go.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree with your initial post , KT is a two gapper hand , a hand like JT plays better post flop because is more connected and that makes it more playable postflop as you mentioned in the initial post.
You will never feel safe if you flop a K, KT has a mediocre kicker often dominated.

Don't forget that everything in poker is situational , KT in MP,LP can easily be open raised.But it is not one of the hands I usually open raise from EP because most of the times will lead me in losing situations.

Plus as an above poster said when short stacked you can easily open jam that hand and it would be better to be suited!

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of these hands fall into the "trouble hand" category. I generally tend to avoid playing them unless they are suited or I'm short stacked. I may occassionally raise those hands in LP if there was no action in front. If I'm in the BB with no action in front, I'd probably just check and see a flop. If you hit one pair, proceed with caution. Put in a bet and see if you can win the pot there. If you hit decent draw, consider a bet or a raise as a semi-bluff. The thing is, you have to avoid playing big pots if you only hit one pair. Anybody showing resistance probably has you dominated. So, you need to be disciplined enough to let them go.

I agree with your initial post , KT is a two gapper hand , a hand like JT plays better post flop because is more connected and that makes it more playable postflop as you mentioned in the initial post.
You will never feel safe if you flop a K, KT has a mediocre kicker often dominated.

Don't forget that everything in poker is situational , KT in MP,LP can easily be open raised.But it is not one of the hands I usually open raise from EP because most of the times will lead me in losing situations.

Plus as an above poster said when short stacked you can easily open jam that hand and it would be better to be suited!

So what I'm understanding is it play them weak from LP and not at all from EP. Of course it's all situational but loosely following that train of thought?

Does them being suited change any of this for you guys ?

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I throw out this card more often. And I do not call even more when I raise. I think that the map is below average.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Personally for me if a hand is suited it will change dramatically my decision. I don't open raise it from EP, you are right. But yes everything is situational as we have both mentioned already.

I prefer open raise 9Ts,89s from EP than KT but here I share only my opinion. With that way I try to balance my open raise ranges with my current experience. :)

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KT i fold preflop from early positions from cut-off ans button i raise this hand and and from SB BB i play this hand looking what doing my opponents before me

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what I'm understanding is it play them weak from LP and not at all from EP. Of course it's all situational but loosely following that train of thought?

Does them being suited change any of this for you guys ?

Well, I wouldn't say play them "weak" from LP. If there is no action in front, you can raise them as you would with any other hand in your range. Then, you can fire a continuation bet and take things from there. From EP, it's a pretty clear fold for me. Even short-stacked in EP, I'd prefer to push with something like 87s because there's less of a chance that I'd be dominated than with KT. KTs is only slightly more playable than KTo because you do have a chance of hitting a near nut flush. That might get me to raise it in MP or shove a short stack with it, but it doesn't change the value that much.

S

silentbovo1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually fold KTo in early to mid position but will play KTs aggressively in mid/late position (depending on table dynamics). It will be in the bottom of my range but can still be profitable if you control the pots or shut the hand down early. Be cautious of hitting a pair of Kings as you can be easily dominated.

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K 10 is a rag imo... 9/10 times fold

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to have good luck with these, mostly using the king as a kicker when it's a low flop, tends to turn into two pairs. Other than the perfect circumstances, really not sure how to play it out pre-flop, or how to handle it in various positions post flop.Is J-10 considered stronger due to its combos? I'll leave Q-10 alone though.

I suggest working on your range. You need to understand when K10 is a good candidate for an open or 3 bet and when it should be folded. It changes in all aspects of the game. What your stack is, where your position is, cash vs. tournament. understanding your range and when your range changes will help you play these hands more profitably.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KT and KTs are hands that you don't have to play to be profitable at most levels, so if you decided not to play them at all you won't be giving up much profit. The suited KT is slightly stronger than the non-suited hand, but there will be times when you hit a flush and still lose the hand to an Ace high flush.

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i think is good only if u see he flop.......a looot.....and i mean a lot off hands can beat K 10.....but still decent hand

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I will play all 3 of those hands, especially if they are suited. If they aren't suited, I would play them if I have position. If I'm facing a raise or multiple raises in front of me I will be cautious. Take care, and have a good day :cool:

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With hand K-T, I make a minimum raise from middle positions; from the late positions - raise 3 BB. Chance to win against one player with K-T is more than 55%. If there are more than 3 people in the bank, you should play with caution and be ready to fold this hand.