Ohhh this fish!!!

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish in poker is a term that refers to a beginner or a weak poker player. Also, these players are called "donkey"
For me, this is a special topic.
I want to say in the preface that sometimes these "fishes" just get on an a-strik simply by their stupidity, but you are immersed in the delights of a bad beat.
Therefore, the fish are both stupid and dangerous.
Here are their distinguishing features:
1) Not accepting any criticism (more often when playing live). When other users indicate errors in the chat, the fish breaks out, he believes that no one has the right to give him advice. He has his own position and view of the game, often having nothing to do with logic. The master would simply keep silent or thanked for effective criticism.
2) Explicitly wrong style of play. To go all-in with frankly "garbage" cards? " Demonstrate the cards after the showdown, even if it is possible to hide them? Call on pre-flop everything? First raise, then just call? If the answers to these questions are positive, then the player is a pronounced fish. I will never understand this logic ... But sometimes it is misleading because of its absurdity.
3) Not the ability to assess the real strength of the cards. Often the "fish" comes into play with unpromising cards, such players are usually passive, they call other people's bets, rarely raise. Also, the fish thinks that two aces and two kings are a win-win combination, so they all-in with them all at once. Even without thinking that the board can drop completely useless elements. Mathematics is alien to them.
4) Ignoring the position. Experienced players know the important role played by the position at the table. Depending on the place at the table, they play the same cards differently. This rule is not for the fish, they behave identically both in late position and in the big blind. On this basis it is easy to determine the "fish".
5) Wide range of played hands. Profi enter the game with 10-15% of hands, more aggressive masters increase the figure to 25%. The fish go to attack with almost any cards, they hope for luck and luck. Especially they are spurred on by rare successful jokes, which are nothing more than luck.
6) Ragged style of play. An inexperienced player can make an unexpected raise after the previous check, or vice versa. Thus, he gives himself up with a head and becomes easy prey for the "shark".
7) A ridiculous bluff. Fish tries to convince rivals that he has a strong combination after limping preflop or checking in other streets. Either does the promotion, if three suited maps are laid out on the board. Needless to say, how ridiculous and stupid it all looks in the eyes of the "shark".
:D:D:DPoker sharks darya hrybava

frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shark killer

Attachments

• pufferfish.jpg
    pufferfish.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 12
elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I need to study another year at least to lose some habits and be able to improve my earnings.