Notes on Rivals

laChokko

laChokko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think of the importance of taking note of your rivals? you do? Or do you think it is not important? I read them

lucas24

lucas24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's important to have a quick style of the players at the table and use it in any decision that we have doubts, for example if you have a note about a tight player, this can help you to fold or call a 3-bet. I think the notes are very important when we don't have HUD. GL.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think of the importance of taking note of your rivals? you do? Or do you think it is not important? I read them

I think it is a very important aspect of the game and I write copious notes on my opponents, if I am live I have a notepad, and also keep a dictaphone on me although I will step away from the table a bit so I am not overheard ....

Online I use a HUD and always color code my opponents, if I can .. as well as write notes on interesting hands they have played and in some cases include mistake propensities ... I also date everything because some people improve ..... last years fish maybe this years shark, and I think it is good to keep track ...

I do play at one anon site so you just have to make due there, however I think that taking those notes in games you can will also improve your play as well as your observance skills in games you cannot ....

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the notes are very important a lot of players just don’t know how to change their style especially at micro and medium limits and the information that we get when used correctly gives us an advantage!

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it very important, although not a first for not having much idea of ​​how to do it, according to play quite the cell.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Notes are very usefull , knowing some info more about some of your opponents might help you in tough decisions . If I see some repeated patterns or specific game style I take notes , especially for the loose players . Of course more data for his playing style via a HUD is more helpfull for your decisions .....

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It s very important. The better players in the world know everything about their opponents. I like to classify them by generic style, preflop style, postflop style and at last when possible and useful (almost never) I study the details about them.

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to label players and sometimes I do take notes, I don't have a HUD yet..

My main labels are: Green (passive recreational), Red (aggresive recreational), Yellow (good/logical player), Blue (Very loose player).. Then I take some easy notes, for weird sizings or for 3bet hands if I get to see the cards.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes are very important. The more you know the better you can react, the better you can predict and the better you can control your opponent. But you need to remember to revise your notes as you gain more information. Sometimes you first impressions can be wrong.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i mark people on final tables whom i consider good players.... i write notes on bad players people who might be playing bingo etc.... have to revisit notes cause sometimes someone is just playing bingo and actually can play well

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every hand that has information is useful. I record any hand I get the opportunity to log. Those notes can give you old reads that give you an edge. Every little piece of info is useful in this game

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prepare yourself a template that you will use for notes Think about what notes you would like to see during the game. If you previously wrote any notes, then remember which of them helped you in the game, and which did not. Set yourself the task - during the next session analysis, write 10 (50/100) notes on opponents using your new system. Do it systematically, that is, train this skill daily. In this case, after 2 weeks, you will write these notes very quickly and automatically, spending a minimum of time.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Notes are very very useful.

Like other posters mention I also like to note the player's style of play.

But also I like to note how they played against me - were they passive with the nuts? Did they call me down very light?

And also beneficial is when I see them do something unusual. Like check raise or open shove early in tournaments.

And sometimes I note what their range is from what position.

None of this is important if I lose the hand to them. But it is very very useful the next hand I get into with them.

Good luck !

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, I am not interested in my opponents' comments. But if there is such an opportunity, I try to use the information obtained to my advantage.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if play same field of players all the time you can get by without notes

now new sites or whatever your going to run into times you really have no history.... for me i write notes on these players as soon as I can so have a feel for their play.

i am a big not writer honestly.... I color code people too basically saying they are terrible or they are dangerous

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
ok ok i need colour code plus make notes
help me please
what simple colour coding (very simple) you recommend for me please?

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The notes are important and can be useful at any time when you encounter a player at the table. But remember to update your notes, because many players are studying and improving their game! ;) GL!

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Notes on Players

Like others have said, taking notes on players is very important and helpful. After playing for years at ACR at cash tables you seem to run into a lot of the same players and taking notes has made and saved me lots of $$$.

Noting others habits such as :some always raise with a Ace regardless of their other hole card, others go on tilt when they loose, and some are just "bingo players " with a big bank roll helps a lot to note such habits. After playing with a lot of the same players noting which players are " good " players is as well helpful meaning ones that dont chase and bet only solid hands.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas !
:santaclau

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it very important especially in the final phase of the tournament.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NEED to start!

I have never done this but after reading all the comments here I think I need to start. I mean, I always knew about the option to do so and thought about making comments about being a fish or things like that, but some depth that players are going to with their note taking is insane and something I might need to adopt.

I can definitely see how it can help your game and keep you in longer. I also agree that dates need to be included because people improve as well as get worse, lol.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
ok ok i need colour code plus make notes
help me please
what simple colour coding (very simple) you recommend for me please?
i mark good players and friends on acr ??? not sure other sites if you play other sites let me know...

i mark good players and friends in purple of yellow.... yellow is main choice...

i put very bad players in red

i put surpremely good players guys ive seen bink constant times large wins and higher stake ring players in green etc..... or gold if is option

get familiar with you color codes given for each poker software most have it

using a hud is also another way to help you...

the one thing is to review your history with people youve labeled them so you know whatever your notes say...

for notes i rely a lot on a persons betting patterns do they follow cbetting rules in position or do they play wide open etc... are they a trapper etc... is a lot to notes.... i want to see how they bet and play so that is notes i put down

big thing is go back to those notes in times player x might have been a fish but no more

another great site is sharkscope to get reads on players histories etc...

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Correct notes give a big advantage over igrokami1 But it is important to write the date when they are created because with time rival game can constantly changing dramatically!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i mark good players and friends on acr ??? not sure other sites if you play other sites let me know...
i mark good players and friends in purple of yellow.... yellow is main choice...
i put very bad players in red
i put surpremely good players guys ive seen bink constant times large wins and higher stake ring players in green etc..... or gold if is option
get familiar with you color codes given for each poker software most have it
using a hud is also another way to help you...
the one thing is to review your history with people youve labeled them so you know whatever your notes say...
for notes i rely a lot on a persons betting patterns do they follow cbetting rules in position or do they play wide open etc... are they a trapper etc... is a lot to notes.... i want to see how they bet and play so that is notes i put down
big thing is go back to those notes in times player x might have been a fish but no more
another great site is sharkscope to get reads on players histories etc...
hi hi thetick :ciao:
thank you so so much take the time explain to me your marking system!
you very sweet and i going to mark exactly that way now
i also play on pokerstars, 888, partypoker, betonline & sportsbetting, i record all my hands in hud poker-copilot
wish you and family best wishes of season
hugs
krista :top:

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't given any importance to notes before. But I realized how important it was over time. To burn your fingers twice.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes color noting is super important especially if you play against the same opponents quite regularly. Most of the times I note people who make an out of line play. Also color label them in order to find them instantly at the tables.

A good start of noting is to note the Calling Stations and the Super Tight players.
This is a very basic but very convenient technique. Super important is to update your notes and delete the older ones because some of the players improve their game , it would be catastrophic for your game trying to exploit a Calling Station with a 2 years old note!

In higher stakes and if you want to be serious about your game where every detil matters the notes are more detailed.For example something like:
-Mid stakes winner
-High stakes loser

and that's because you will always try to understand the ranges the player is capable of flatting 3bet you for value/light 4bet bluff ,bluff river etc