Newbie question!!!

J

Jerry Smith

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry you probably all know the answer, but...
Player says “ I put all of you all in”
Next player thinks he’s joking and says “200” and throws 200 chips over the line. Without saying call. Not matching the all in call and not putting all his chips in, which wouldn’t even match the previous all in shout.
What is the outcome, do the chips stay in, does the player have to go all in, or is he/ she told to take the derisory bet back out
Thanks in anticipation
Jerry

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, the player who says "I put all of you all in" is out of line. He should make a proper bet or raise. He should go all in or, if that's not to his taste, ask the person with the most chips how much he has behind, then be that amount. Saying "I put all of you all in" (or some derivative of that) is unprofessional and can really lead to confusion.

That being said, the next player's chips (200) will likely stay in the pot. It really depends on the type of game, house rules, etc. but, in my experience, chips over the line are committed to the pot.

I'll be interested to read others' opinions.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
In a situation as you described, I will ask the player that say "I put all of you all in", to make clear what is his bet, All in or what?. The statemen "I put all of you all in" is not a bet that we as players, can consider.
So If it happens in live poker it will be to the Dealer to clear the bet. :bike:[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

M

MountHollyDK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience 99.99% of poker rooms would allow the 200 guy to take the bet back but it should have never gotten that far. I put you all in is not a correct bet and the dealer should have demanded they say a number or push in the chips that they wanted to bet.

The reason why this is a problem is doubled because I have no idea if the 200 bet is a massive reraise, an obvious oversite like raising 200 into a pot of 400,000, or somewhere in between.

Edit: also, the player being put all in is in no way shape or form obligated to count their chips for another player.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
If the all in bet is accepted by the dealer, the guy who threw the 200 in is calling the all in bet, once chips cross the line it is a call of the all in bet, if the caller loses the dealer will take his remaining chips and give them to the winner of the hand afaik.

xxxREAPERxxx

xxxREAPERxxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By wsop rules,,there is no joking,,if you say ALL IN you must go all in.