Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is known to everyone that novice players must study to evolve in poker. What advice or message have you received and helped you evolve your game?

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Berandir,

I would strongly suggest you what helped me and continues to help me a lot: study the legends (Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan, Phil Hellmuth, Patrick Antonius, Liv Boeree, Nacho Barbero,..). You have plenty of opportunities in YouTube. Daniel Negreanu even wrote some books you can buy cheap in Amazon.

Alternatively, what I just did, is buy the App "Masterclass" - here you have unrestricted Access to Masterclass About Poker and Pokerstrategy from the masters themselves, Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey where they share their Train of thoughts on some of their previous hands on world Championships and reveal step-by-step instructions.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After dive in on forums and website, several key things that I got is:

1. Be aggressive. Bet sizing is also important
2. Become aggressive does not mean you aggressive on all kind of hands.
3. Watch other player's pattern. Is he often all in? probably wanna steal blinds with mediocre hands.
4. AA, KK, QQ does not guarantee win. If you only has that on flop don't try all in with it.
5. 3 type of bet: Continuation Bet, Value Bet, Protection Bet.
6. Adjust your playstyle against your opponent

I know that we can get overwhelmed by informations that many websites provide. At least at first month try to stuck only on 1 site or 1 playstyle.