Multi-tabling Strategies and Tips

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm someone who does worse the more tables I have open. 2 tables is even a bit tough, but once I get to 3 my play completely crashes on me. I was wondering if the multi-tabling regulars could give some tips on how they do it. Do you still rely on math for all 4+ tables? Are you able to keep reads and notes on all players across all tables? Are there things you sacrifice skill-wise to play across 4+ tables? Etc.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How you crash matters?

I'm someone who does worse the more tables I have open. 2 tables is even a bit tough, but once I get to 3 my play completely crashes on me. I was wondering if the multi-tabling regulars could give some tips on how they do it. Do you still rely on math for all 4+ tables? Are you able to keep reads and notes on all players across all tables? Are there things you sacrifice skill-wise to play across 4+ tables? Etc.

Thank you for posting.

No one, No one, No one is great at multitasking. All tasks suffer when you try. With that in mind we have to let go of certain actions when we multi-table in order to stay in control of our emotions, our reads and our play.
When you crash you need to ask why? Did you switch from your reasoning brain center to your emotional reactive brain center?
Why? Are you taking in too much data? Are you trying to focus on all the tables at once instead of prioritizing them? Have you done enough off the tables work to automate some poker decisions?

Have you studied how to use your HUD data in depth? The HUD is a must for multi-tabling.

Can you categorize your starting hands not just by strength but also by how much attention you must pay to hands for them to be profitable AQ vs A10 for instance? TPTK with each of these hands demands different levels of flop turn and river attention.

Hope this helps

:fight:

:):)

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that when I am playing 3 or 4 or more tables I simply can't evaluate the action on any one of them in the same depth as when I am on only 1 table. In other words, my play of each hand distills down to playing only the value of each hand and also taking into account my position. Poker is much less enjoying when I play like a robot.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the more notes you have the less you will play like a "robot" and the better your math is the more tables you can do. You really dont want to be doing "Good Will Hunting equations", its better to have pivot points for example at 10bbs UTG I am going to play X or better hands. Another thing that will make it much easier is to color code players.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

More tables seem to screw up my mind too. But a good way to play multi-tables is just count hole cards. You do this by going are these two hole cards do. The percentages of two good hole cards winning is about a third. More tables won't screw that up.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I play on several tables I try to use HD to help me because the yield falls a lot on several tables. you can not keep the meta game.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play no more than two means, pros play three behind the four no more, in fact the more tables the less information about the opponents at the table, and the less chance of making the right decision, so play at two tables, and when you feel that you have grown from this, change over three and so on for the growing

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just need to be very attentive.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should start with 1 table at once and try to perfect your game. Once you're able to see a hand, and fold or raise without even thinking, almost instinctively, you can then move up to 2 tables. Once you perfect 2 tables, move up to 3.

Poker Tips