My mistakes in this poker journey

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In order to learn, exchange experiences and be able to maintain a topic where I can review, evaluate and adjust my mistakes, I will be posting hands that I consider mistakes of mine that have taken me out of a tournament or destabilized me.I know it will be a personal effort to expose these shortcomings, but I will be open to respectful and constructive criticism. Know that the intention is to continue learning.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, my first mistake to post is that hand that pulled me out of SCOOP 62-L $ 109 MAIN EVENT. I wanted to make it clear that the buy in of this event was a ticket won in the Saturday freeroll.
Let's go to the hand.
Information of the villain:
The villain in question, is aggressive. The only hand I could see of him was a KK, where he shoved the flop, got called and doubled his stack early.
Situations I should rate:
1) Villain already shows pre-flop strength with 3bet, cbet flop and turn

2) When the action comes on the turn I believe he has some pair

My mistake: I think it's my biggest mistake the shove on the river. I still had 156 bbs, the fold would keep me in the game. (How ugly Deyvson!).
When it comes to Q on the river, I analyze (STUPID FOR ME) that he could have a pair of J.I think the most ideal, in that case would be check-fold on the river and evaluate some call, depending on the value of bet.
https://www.boomplayer.com/30896895_CDEF075F66

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WAW! What a hand! The vilian showed Kings.He gave information about his hand with strong bets.I would check besides shoving.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Acknowledging your mistakes and learning from them is a great way to better yourself as a poker player and slowly progress to where you want to be. Much respect! Keep it up!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy in hindsight thats poker at the time is completely different if opponent shoves river after you check call or fold is ok too.
Play ok until these river queen options.

1Check call is the better line result the same though,
2Check fold is a great fold hard to do though guy might have JJ,
3Check opponent checks too as they afraid of 2 pair or set is the best outcome which will happen a high percentage of the time.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Any card on the table, can give a player three of a kind, so would I risk my tournament life with a hand of less than three of a kind.

Also, if I do not have the nuts, I try to keep my losses at a minimum, so I try not to do all ins as frequently compared to all ins when I do have the nuts.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WAW! What a hand! The vilian showed Kings.He gave information about his hand with strong bets.I would check besides shoving.
Yeah. I've learned this the hard way too. The moment you bet so big its gonna be pretty binary (if you win or not) and not probable that your opponent is just holding weak hands. Thanks for the share.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FT this week.
Big and small shorts. I do not think it was the best hand to steal, but I did it because the small was short and the big less. With top pair and low kicker, I called the small shove. Was I too loose calling? I do not know if it was a mistake, but after losing that hand, I thought I did not need to open it. How would you act. Would it fit in the hand? Size pre flop? Call flop?
https://www.boomplayer.com/30950389_E9EED826ED