Learning Poker - posting guidelines
Welcome to the 'Learning Poker' board!
A brief summary of what should and shouldn't be posted here, so that we can hopefully keep having to move threads around to a minimum.
What should be posted here:
- Any questions on basic poker concepts and/or rules. "What are pot odds
?", "Why did my flush lose to a set in omaha?", things like that.
- Any other questions relating to getting into poker, for example "What should I read as my first poker book?" and so on.
- Topics with 'tips' and useful advice for beginners.
- Freeroll strategy or playmoney questions
- Basic bankroll management or "What to play starting with $__?"
- General strategy that doesn't fit into the Cash Games or Tournament sections.
Generally speaking, if you are not sure whether a question is best suited to this forum or another poker strategy
section, you should post it here
What should not be posted here:
- Anything that is prohibited by the rules
, such as spam/advertising.
- Anything involving a hand history, unless the question falls under any of the 'What should be posted here' guidelines. Use the Hand Analysis board - be sure to read the sticky threads there first for more advice - or Brag & Beats as appropriate.
- Anything that isn't a real question or advice and/or has no curiosity value or strategic content. Use whichever respective board best suits it. "Look at this guy make this stupid play, doesn't he suck!", for example, has no strategic content and belongs in Brags & Beats.
- Any 'in depth' questions relating to poker concepts. Wondering what metagame is might belong here, but wondering how best to apply metagame scenarios to a specific situation belongs either in Hand Analysis (if you have hand histories) or poker strategies (if not).