LAG Resources

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am doing pretty good as a TAG, but I am at the point where I want another weapon in my arsenal. I understand when I listen to the pros on here, but when I try to put it into action, well, it flubs worse than my marriages (yes, plural). I have a few hands I play that can be considered a little loose, but I need a little more material to ingest. The Cardschat course is good, but I need a little more to get some understanding. Can anyone recommend anywhere that could help?

I say this because I have lost out a few times by not being a little looser. If Q4 os was in my wheelhouse, I might have gotten a 4 of a kind one tournament. Still cashed, but that kind of irks me. Others seem to enjoy watching their stacks play an accordion, but I am the sort that likes being a little more steady.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just going to toss this out there. Playing bad starting hands is going to put you in terrible spots post flop. If playing HU at a final table, then Q4 is a great hand vs just one other person. Look at this perspective, if a Q flopped on this board then now you have kicker problems as any other Q will crush you.

No problem with opening up range when at tight tables, but Q4os full ring is asking for problems, unless you know of certain scenarios to exploit like bubble play, etc.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just going to toss this out there. Playing bad starting hands is going to put you in terrible spots post flop. If playing HU at a final table, then Q4 is a great hand vs just one other person. Look at this perspective, if a Q flopped on this board then now you have kicker problems as any other Q will crush you.

No problem with opening up range when at tight tables, but Q4os full ring is asking for problems, unless you know of certain scenarios to exploit like bubble play, etc.

I agree, but I keep getting caught by people willing to play that and win. Me, I cashed in a CC freeroll and several others recently by playing tight. I also cashed in a micro doing the same. I am proving that my strategy on that can work. I just want to figure out how to get more unpredictable. That said, still not sure when I would play Q4 unless I was flatting a call heads up. I can play loose and win when I get heads up. Not saying I am Doug Polk level or anything, but I love that part of the game live.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, but I keep getting caught by people willing to play that and win. Me, I cashed in a CC freeroll and several others recently by playing tight. I also cashed in a micro doing the same. I am proving that my strategy on that can work. I just want to figure out how to get more unpredictable. That said, still not sure when I would play Q4 unless I was flatting a call heads up. I can play loose and win when I get heads up. Not saying I am Doug Polk level or anything, but I love that part of the game live.

You can work on a more balanced game. Work on 3 betting light with key blockers as A4s or A5s or Kx hands as you are blocking a lot of Aces and Kings in the initial raisers opening raise. Q4 really does not block much. Look at people that would fold often to a 3 bet or fold too often to a cbet.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can work on a more balanced game. Work on 3 betting light with key blockers as A4s or A5s or Kx hands as you are blocking a lot of Aces and Kings in the initial raisers opening raise. Q4 really does not block much. Look at people that would fold often to a 3 bet or fold too often to a cbet.

OK, that seems good for me. I love me an A with 2-5 in it, especially if it is suited. I might need to research, but I think I have won more with those cards than lost.