Jackpot Freeroll on Intertops

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly play on ACR, but I also play the Jackpot freerolls on intertops for the bonus money. The people who run Jackpot Freerolls, in an effort to generate more money for their freerolls on intertops changed the registration period from 1 and 1/2 hours to 3 hours, left the add/on period at 1 hour, and doubled the price of the rebuy/addon. Thus, you can enter the tournament at hour 2 with 1500 chips but you can't add/on. Plus, if you enter the tournament near the end of registration with 10 minute blinds, you are essentially entering the tournament for less than a SMALL BLIND. I think they were thinking that more players would enter late, get eliminated, and re-enter. Well that narrow minded strategy backfired in the very first tournament on 4/4 because once the number of players fell below the number of places paid the tournament closed so there wasn't that rush of players trying to double up and quickly rebuying. In my opinion they essentially ruined this tournament, just as they did with the changes on the Jackpot Freerolls on ACR, and by that I mean, they have essentially eliminated a lot of the skill advantage and made it more of a shove game even before the end of registration.