D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody,

I have a General Question:

how would you Interpret it, if hero raises in middle Position 3BB, one opponent calls, rest of Players fold. Postflop, said opponent checks, hero checks. Turn Card Comes, Opponent checks, hero checks.

I know this is not an easy Question, but i would be interested in your perception. Do you feel that if the game is call / check / check until river, that Player has air or rather slowplaying good hands - pretending the board is dry.

Looking Forward to your Feedback!:D

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody,

I have a General Question:

how would you Interpret it, if hero raises in middle Position 3BB, one opponent calls, rest of Players fold. Postflop, said opponent checks, hero checks. Turn Card Comes, Opponent checks, hero checks.

I know this is not an easy Question, but i would be interested in your perception. Do you feel that if the game is call / check / check until river, that Player has air or rather slowplaying good Hands - pretending the board is dry.

Looking Forward to your Feedback!:D

Not always but most of the time this is going to be a marginal made hand. Something that wants to get to showdown and can't stand a lot of heat.

Most players will bet their air at some point as it can't win at showdown but with a marginal made hand like top pair no kicker or an inderpair this chk/chk/chk line makes sense

Here's a little more on the concept of how people plan out their hands

Hope this helps!

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Evan, thanks for your reply!

What you say makes definitely sense. So, as a conclusion, in such a case where players are betting their marginal hand to avoid showdown on let's say the turn..one strategy would be to re-raise (3-4x their bet) in order to scare them off?

Nice vids btw..!