Important for new players

D

devsa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.be patient while playing don't be fish
2.play with right card from right position from button or near but before thebutton
3.AA, KK, QQ not it means all in play safe if one two player in pot and they limp then you do all in
4.play for long term not for short
5.limping is not fair play

:top::top::top::top::top:

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tips!
Good luck!

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers.
I rarely raise all in pre flop unless I have so few chips it's do or die, but I have had a few occasions this week where I called someone else's all in with a pair of queens, only for them to have trash pre flop, but get a 3 of a kind. Happened twice in consecutive freerolls one day this week.

It's one thing not raising, but do you walk away from a pair of queens, especially hen the raise is playing very loose with nearly every hand?

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is important to learn how to play using a range for each position, pot control, and learn to interpret the texture of the board.

Watch out for players who raise a lot and suddenly just limp. Be aggressive, especially when you have a strong hand and the board has many possibilities to complete hands for your opponents.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use ranges and learn to get value out of your hands

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a case that a beginner learns a lot.

Please don't also forget to make it important that it was felt in the actual fighting by itself.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Cheers.
I rarely raise all in pre flop unless I have so few chips it's do or die, but I have had a few occasions this week where I called someone else's all in with a pair of queens, only for them to have trash pre flop, but get a 3 of a kind. Happened twice in consecutive freerolls one day this week.

It's one thing not raising, but do you walk away from a pair of queens, especially hen the raise is playing very loose with nearly every hand?

Hi Vampduk,

I agree, shoving when you have less than 15 BB's is very different to shoving with 150BB's at the start of a tournament.

With your QQ situations, I know it stings when your opponent does something crazy with a junk hand, but you have to think of it in terms of profitability over the long term. If you ran that scenario 1,000 times you would be printing money, so be happy that you got your chips in good and know that you did the right thing. Don't worry about the outcome of that specific occasion.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think one of the most important things for new players also is to understand that just because you lost a hand doesn't mean you played it wrong. Usually the math used in poker is taking into considerations an infinite number of times these hands are played so as long as you are playing it right in the sense that all your moves are +EV you are on the right track even if you might be losing. Don't get discouraged, it may just be a bad beat or a downswing but sooner or later you'll turn it around and be a winning player

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will add these two other tips for new players.
6- rigor and discipline must be shown.
7- Players bet too often and don't check or fold their hands enough.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good advice, but I also want to supplement you.
It is very important to be a patient player, but it is equally important to be disciplined and always follow the bankroll management. In other words, never risk money you can't afford to spend.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing to remember is that no hand gives you a 100% chance of winning, even two aces lose quite often, so never rush to invest all your chips in any situation, and do not expect justice from poker.:)

joaquinvd

joaquinvd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not donk bet a the fish �� squeeze the high hands and get money

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
2.play with right card from right position from button or near but before thebutton
3.AA, KK, QQ not it means all in play safe if one two player in pot and they limp then you do all in

thank you.really appreciate

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For more on this awesome topic check out this playlist http://gripsed.com/win

It will help you understand why most people suck at poker, and why you don't have to!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is great advice devsa, Thank you for sharing!

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do agree with those tips!
And want to insist on how important it is to play with the position. The fact that you get to act after other players has a huge impact. Try it out yourselves, for me it has done wonders.