BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello everybody!! These days, countless undesired situations have happened to me in which if I adjusted my game much more, I could probably fold my hand to avoid a great loss, although the situation warrants taking great risks. I have heard great professionals say that something that makes them very successful is their great ability to know when to fold a hand. I would particularly like to highlight that many of my good results have been for folding premium hands in certain situations, but this always costs a lot, since they are hands that could lead us to win tournaments. I'm thinking of taking more time to think about certain plays and see if I folded a little more haha.How important do you think it is to fold very strong hands while playing online poker?
regards

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did it on turn with AdAh. Because, the turn had Qc, Jc, Tc, 9c. 2 other players made all-in & I made a fold...

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many people aren't able to fold strong cards, but a winning hand requires more than just two hole cards. You need the planets to line up.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being capable to fold when you know you are beat is a very important skill. But one needs to be very careful, because folding the best hand is a catastrophic mistake, the worst mistake that can be made in poker.
Knowing when to hold'em and when to fold'em is a skill that for a select few takes a lifetime to master, while the vast majority of us never actually reach that level.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody!! These days, countless undesired situations have happened to me in which if I adjusted my game much more, I could probably fold my hand to avoid a great loss, although the situation warrants taking great risks. I have heard great professionals say that something that makes them very successful is their great ability to know when to fold a hand. I would particularly like to highlight that many of my good results have been for folding premium hands in certain situations, but this always costs a lot, since they are hands that could lead us to win tournaments. I'm thinking of taking more time to think about certain plays and see if I folded a little more haha.How important do you think it is to fold very strong hands while playing online poker?
regards
Without a doubt, a very important aspect of the game. Understanding when a very strong preflop hand turns into a middle hand, or a low hand, is essential, because if not, that same hand becomes our worst rival, because it leads us to lose the tournament.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I build most of my game on my inner voice and partly on logic, sometimes I have to reset AA, because no one has canceled a good bluff of opponents)

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As the song says, "You've gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em..."
The other posters have it right - it is a very difficult part of the game to learn.
We all feel your pain when that pocket pair of AA doesn't improve on the flop and players ahead of you are betting and raising on a wet flop.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all....folding might be easier in live poker..online has a very limited time..no thoughts at all,so most players call....thanks darrell

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is an essential part of a proffesional routine. If you aim to play final tables, proffesional folding is a must!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Undoubtedly, having the discipline of "FOLD" is an art .... many players go crazy when they get a hand from "AA" or "KK" ... we are clear that with these Preflop hands we have the advantage of winning. .. However, once the flop appears ... these hands are just one more pair ... that if we don't play them well we will end up losing everything ... for that reason there will be occasions when even with these hands we will have to "fold" before losing everything ...!

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one likes to fold. We all want excitement, big banks, crazy bluffs and super-highcalls for the third pair! However, if we want to become good players and constantly start making money at poker tables, then you just need to be able to fold a strong hand when the situation is not in our favor.

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
regards

Sometimes, strong hands will come to you in complicated situations, so it takes experience and patience to fold them, because if you enter just because it is a strong hand, you will probably break your face.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the past few weeks, I've noticed in my play that I think I've gotten better, or at least more willing, to fold bigger starting hands. Whether it's pre-flop and there's action by bigger stacks that traditionally play stronger hands or seeing a not-so-favorable flop, I've learned and recognized the value of folding the strong hands in my MTT play. Paying attention to the end where cards are shown, I've noticed that more often than not folding has been the right play. Working on and noticing this has been helpful in my recent growth and development as a player.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is your ability to survive in a tournament choosing to fold at the right time. It determines whether you’ll be out on the bubble or in the money maybe even the final table its unbelievably important to be able to fold when necessary.

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
experience makes teacher...

The fold move is one of the most used in this type of game, but the great decision of when to act, that is the important thing, especially when you have very good hands, but not knowing how to use them, they will catch you and it will be too late ..:confused::confused::confused:

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm often more proud of the folds I've made than the pots I've won.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
regards

This week I discovered that when you make a goof fold with a strong hand, then the table will reward you with winning hands.

hahaha it's hard to bealive it :p

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Undoubtedly, this is a very important skill. This skill is typical only for experienced and skilled players. I also sometimes fold if I see that my chances of winning are less than I originally expected.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At low limits,if you can fold weak hands preflop you are already ahead of the game. Small suited connectors are never a strong hand when someone has raised preflop, right?

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had trouble giving up premium hands, but today I know the right time to fold.
I always try to draw as much as possible with premium hands pre-flop.
if the villain calls, a cbet is usually enough to take the pot.
If he calls the bet, depending on the table, try to play by controlling the pot.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had to fold a good hand. If the opponent’s advantage in the combination of cards is clearly coordinated, I have no choice but to fold. Even if I have pocket aces.

S

stephenpowell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard decision

regards

Hard go sometimes. Could be a bluff and you just gave away easy chips. However they could have it. It's an easier decision if you have been on the same table for a while. A well timed fold is key to being successful sometimes.

S.Powell

Serg77

Serg77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold

Actually it depends on players. At the beginning of any freerolls I never fold strong hand because people get bet or raise with almost nothing. But if we say about the end of tournament of course you have to be able to fold even flash if you suspect your opponent caret

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely important. We often get mesmerized by a strong hand like pocket aces, and can't seem to let go of them.

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you are feeling something strange in the air about that hand u should always follow your instincts and fold or keep on going depending of your hand and what you feel

Folding in Poker