How would you play it?

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My father in law was playing at a very loose .05/.10 table. Very loose. He was in a 3 handed pot with AQ. Flop, QQQ. Pot was around $1.00.

1st to act bet .53, pops calls, 3rd calls.

Turn is a 3.

1st again bets .53, pops calls, 3rd calls.

River is a 3.

1st checks. Pops all in , about $5 into the $3 pot. 3rd folds , 1st folds.

I watched and thought he played it pretty good. I think i would have only bet pot on the river though.

What you think? Err pot must have been a little over $4 before allin.

Last edited:
T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would check..give the other player a chance to bluff..if he checks, jam the river..

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe bet larger on the turn and also jam the river hoping to get called weaker pairs

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He really got unlucky that no one thought it was a split and/or some paint didn't come on the turn or river. There was some giant pots where it ended up being 4-7 vs 9-2 and the like between the 2 he was in with. Wins a win though.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering the fact that he got two streets of value from two people, that's a pretty good return. I would've considered betting .60 to see if anyone wants to try and bluff or hero.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thin value bet of .75-$1 on river.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much else that could have been done, pretty good value from it to be fair. Sometimes nothing else can be extracted depending on the opponents' holdings.

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise with 70% pot because it gives me more value or chance to bluff with their high pairs. We should to get max value on the river, but this bet scared all

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the penalty you get for not betting pre-flop and on earlier streets.
If he had raised to (say) 1.20 preflop, there may have been opportunity to get $4 in on the river.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not go all-in rather i will try to earn more money and raise like 0.93.In this situation he wins no matter what so the only question that remains is how much?It's highly probable that nobody will call that all-in bet in this situation.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on what you know about the opponents...

If I know nothing, I would make a small bet hoping both opponents will call.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would of bet around 75 cents. They would think a high card can take it. If they did hit a pair they would of raised you anyways thinking your trying to steal it. The Benifits of hind sight. Let's play poker:ciao:

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably go about 115% pot to make it look like you're trying to get people off a split pot.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think he playd it just fine :D

Its hard to get value out of quads, but they whare both willing to
put money in the pot, no reason to scare them away before river.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd do same....they think it's a split or if they have a pair you can take them for everything.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have definitely checked. They already went two streets of betting without the Q, why not give them a chance to bluff shove?

Aestheticzz

Aestheticzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise with 70% pot because it gives me more value or chance to bluff with their high pairs. We should to get max value on the river, but this bet scared all

Exactly. I would min reraise on turn and then jam on river assuming they hopefully called.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that flop was the 100% victory to your daddy so i think the all in move wasn't good enough, he could check or mini-bet (the last person could think he had nothing and tries to steal the pot, firing a significant re-raise). Or the last person would check too and your poppa wouldn't forgive himself, so i don't thing he played bad either, but i would take my chances doing a minimum bet.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if as you say your father was playing at a table very loose I think he has to play the proper amount for the pot but for this is the river I will have to bet half of the pot to make a little more gain.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the River bet is too large...

Maybe players made bad calls on the river before?

I would try to bet 0.53 again... if you get called you increase the pot you win by around 20%...

But I think he already got a good amount of chips. Mostly you will not get any bets at all with a monster like that...