How much should be devoted to the study of poker?

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is not a secret that to devote yourself to poker you must study as if it were the final exam of the university. My question would be how much do you dedicate to the game and study of 50/50 poker?

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is changing and progressing so keep up with the trends. Many styles of play are outdated + now there is software, which is why you need to play unpredictably and constantly analyze your losses and winnings. Only working on your game will help you win more, so the question is how long does it take to learn poker? - ∞

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It takes a lot of time to study the theory of poker for ordinary people, geniuses this does not apply)). I can’t do this, I have a lazy brain. And the one who is lazy, studies for a long, many years. A gifted person will learn poker in a year.
It all depends on you: if you want to earn poker faster, devote a lot of time to studying theory and working with distributions.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I started playing. I watched a lot of strategic videos and that allowed me to improve my level of play. on the other hand after having played for several years and acquired enough experience. I'm just playing to keep improving my level of play.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how much time you have, the more time you study is much better.
Some like to study a couple of hours before starting a poker session, and others after finishing a poker session, everyone should study when they feel better.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
First of all, practice is much more important than lessons ,though some poker literature should be used-0,5 h per day.

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to learn is by playing, the more you play poker, the more experiences you gain compared to long periods of reading of different styles and methods of games.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it depends a lot on how you see poker as: if it's just a hobby and you don't mind spending a bit of time and/ or money on it just to have fun I think it's OK even without putting too much time into studying but if you want to make it your mane income you'll have to put lots of time into studying and improving your game constantly- even people that wrote poker books/ articles that helped us improve our game a lot(like Jonathan Little, are still studying 1-2 hours/ day which should tell us how important it is to study using different Apps/ software/ or other tools to improve our game...

GL all at the tables!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, it's possible to win without any mathematics and special programs, you can not learn, not to analyze games and distribution, there are some things to themselves come with experience, and with many hours of continuous play, but the interesting thing is that the player is playing for a long time he will begin to feel intuitively that now is to enter the Bank that now is the time to try to steal the blinds, but the most amazing thing is that he knowing nothing about the theory is to act and play the hand correct in theory.

So by studying poker and working on yourself, you just save years of practical play, I think.:)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not a secret that to devote yourself to poker you must study as if it were the final exam of the university. My question would be how much do you dedicate to the game and study of 50/50 poker?

I don't study it, I just play poker, then learn from my mistakes, gain experience

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know. For me poker is a continuing learning process. Even if you are a veteran of cash games, tourneys, etc. you would still encounter situations where you can learn a thing or two, especially if you are playing with different people each time.

Dmitriy Mishin

Dmitriy Mishin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to devote all your life to poker, the strategy is constantly changing! We must read, we must play, we must study the strategy of the game of our opponents!!!

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A reasonable time...

For any study and good food for the brain, it is to dedicate daily 1 to 2 hours maximum, since you have to be as fresh and psyched as possible.
Otherwise, if you spend many hours on the same topic, your brain gets tired, therefore, the performance will be poor.:confused::confused:

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an opinion that if you are able to constantly learn (including your mistakes), improve and study, implement, analyze something new, then after 10,000 hours of practice you will become a real professional. Most often practice is your best teacher, motivator and trainer. The main thing is to see benefits (even from losing) and study, and study... In the end, if you beat at one point for a long time, then sooner or later you will break through it :D