How do you study poker?

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone talks about the study of poker, and that they do a lot of inca pie but that is studied, for example, I only play in pokerstars. What do I have to study, where do you look for?

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're just starting your poker career, CardsChat provides a free 30 day course for players that want to improve their game. Be sure to take notes if you feel like you need to so you can refence them later.
Here is the link: https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/
There are also similar videos that you can find on YouTube from other creators which may cover different poker topics or go into further detail about the subjects that the 30 day course covers. I can highly recommend YouTube videos if you're more of a visual learner.

Another option that I'd recommend doing after you're done with the course is watching professional twitch streamers. Find one you like and make sure they show their cards while they play. Try to predict what you think the professional will do before they act and compare it to what they actually do. With some critical thinking and a lot of practice, hopefully, you'll play like the professional player.

There are also plenty of books that cover poker strategy if you're into them. I haven't personally read any myself so I cant recommend any, but, I'm sure someone will be kind enough to provide a books for you to consider.

If you're really serious: get a coach. Poker coaches are by far the best way to improve your game no matter what stage you're at. They're not cost friendly - especially not the well known ones, but, if you're invested enough into poker, they might just be exactly what you need.

Lastly, I'd recommend playing hands and going over them with a poker friend of yours. Whenever you're unsure how a certain situation you can always post your hand in a thread here at CardsChat, there are a lot of people who would love to help you. There are also some discord groups that work similarly where you could also post your hand and have others help you work through it and decide what the best actions would be.

I hope I was able to help you, good luck at the tables!

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, and my level of play grows along with the number of games and watching the games of professional players or streamers.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My way of studying is watching some tournament videos, I watch a lot how some hands play

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i get my hands analayzed by good players and watch final tables

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have utilized many hours of book study, videos, my personal stats, and some software. Also, being a visual type, tables have helped as well.
Gader

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I study poker using the free stuff we found on the internet and here at CardsChat