Help me get better

JedKim

JedKim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys!

So I used to get a lot of wins (couple of 1st and 2nds) but I fell to not making anything anymore. How do you yall play?

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tight, be opportunist when needed and have patience. Try to fold more than call and when call or showdown make sure you have the best hand.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try and play tight until I have a bit of a read on the other players at my table then I will try and play a bit and make a few moves

Have you considered looking back at how you were playing before and seeing if it differs from how you are playing now?

Maybe you have made adjustments and you might profit from going back to how you played before

Good luck out there

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure if this is your issue or not but tournament success to me depends greatly on small stack play. Study your push/fold charts, keep an eye on those to your left as to whether they are playing a lot of hands or are tight. The tighter players you can jam wider on and the looser players you have to be tighter with your jam range. Then also look for re jam opportunities when your stack is 16-20 BBs. Look for spots where a loose player is opening and then it folds to you. When you have a hand of good strength, jam over them. You will get a lot of folds and you will get some calls where you are good. You will lose at times when you run into a better hand or get sucked out on but re-jamming can be very profitable when you have a stack size that is in the teens.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyway please play for more than 5 hours a day.

When doing that, something is being seen.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi guys!

So I used to get a lot of wins (couple of 1st and 2nds) but I fell to not making anything anymore. How do you yall play?

Remember that poker is a long term game. While you may not have a deep finish lately it does not necessarily mean you are doing something wrong. I play this one tournament 4-5 time a week. this tournament has about 800 players give or take a night. On average I should make a final table once every 89 tournaments or top 3 once every 267. If i play 5 a week I should on average make a final table one every 17.7 weeks and finish top 3 once every 53.3 weeks. Most people expect the top 3 finish more than that and it is not realistic.

Just make sure you study the game and the wins will come.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can not help you, going through the same thing but without the first and second thing. Try depositing more money to PS and I think you will do better. Just a hunch.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice a lot, watch pros on TV, read good poker books and be patient.

Be careful watching pros on TV, sometimes those aren't exactly the best lines. With being on tv sometimes they'll do things they would never do in a non-televised game. Always try to find reference to a particular line in a few places don't just take the first thing you see as the law, getting a variety of sources saying the same thing will strengthen the claim

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check your game to see what you are doing wrong and continue with the volume so the variation is less