Which flush wins

M

MuckNuts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I'm playing on ClubWPT and it's down to me and another guy. I bust a flush with Ace high. The ace came up on the flop. I catch my flush on the turn and we go all in on each other. He's got an overcard (Queen, I think) but I wasn't worried about that as "an ace high flush is an ace high flush", correct?

I was thinking that it didn't matter which two suited cards I had (6 and 8, I think) as long as there was a suited Ace on the table. I was certain that we would split the pot, no matter which suited cards he had in his hand.

Anyway, I busted out and he won the pot. I was shocked and realized that there is some fundamental here regarding flushes and how they rank that I don't understand.

Can anybody offer some clarity here?

thanks in advance,
Muck

O

Oskar006

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he got a Straight flush?

What cards did he have and which cards were at the table?

W

wozzinator

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If more than one hand has the same high card, then the person with the next high card wins.

Makes sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
SmithGT

SmithGT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"If two or more hands have a flush, hands are compared by their high cards to determine the winner. If more than one hand has the same high card, the second highest card is used - then the third, then the fourth and finally the fifth."

ryhailey

ryhailey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's say he had Qd, 10d and you had your 6d, 8d the board shows Ad, 5d, 9d, Ks, 2s
Your high hand would be Ad, 9d, 8d, 6d, 5d
His high hand would be Ad, Qd, 10d, 9d, 5d
The Qd beats your 9d he has the highest flush

M

MuckNuts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"If two or more hands have a flush, hands are compared by their high cards to determine the winner. If more than one hand has the same high card, the second highest card is used - then the third, then the fourth and finally the fifth."

Ok.. I get it. he had be beat with his 2nd flush card.

Thanks much to all!

Full Flush Poker