Downswing, looking for tips.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you keep your confidence up when you are running really shity? What are some good pieces of advice to get out of a poker downswing?

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How do you keep your confidence up when you are running really shity? What are some good pieces of advice to get out of a poker downswing?
It feels really rough, but remember downswings are part and parcel of the game. Don't let it get you down....it will surely pass. Think about this....ATTITUDES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN FACTS.!! With the right attitude you can change the facts of your situation...The fact is things are not going too well at the moment...but with the right attitude you will not tilt...you WILL pull through stronger and better tnan before. Take a break...explore the site and read up on all the amazing information available here. Pretty soon you will get back in there and really KICK ASS !!!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, it can make sense to step back a little. Play less hours, play less tables, move down. If nothing else that will slow the rate of losses and limit the damage to your bankroll. Instead spend more time studying. Go over you big losing hand to see, if you really just got unlucky, or if maybe you had a better option but failed to take it.

Tilt comes in many forms and also include playing more scared, where for instance you start to check back river, because you dont want to bet for thin value and get called or raised by the nuts - yet again. But yeah. Downswings or slumps happen to all poker players, and I am currently in the middle of one myself. Which is never fun, when you are used to winning, but being able to get through it is, what separate the long term winners from the rest.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go over you big losing hand to see, if you really just got unlucky, or if maybe you had a better option but failed to take it.

I'll take your advice of playing less and going down a limit. My plan right now to study a little bit for a week or so, try to patch my style, look for any mistakes I've made through looking at hand history. Its been six days of downswings and all my prior 15 days progress this month is gone. I feel like my confidence is gone although I'm not as affected as I used to get and I'll be happy to go down a limit.

Last hand that put the nail on my coffin was KK on the button, I 3bet and the big stacked villain 4 bet me with A8o from MP, the ace being an ace of diamonds. I shoved all in with almost 15 dollars, he called, flop comes all diamonds no aces and he hit the flush on the river. I was gutted. Other times there were couple of bad beats here and there, however I'm not gonna lie I've made some questionable plays too.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last hand that put the nail on my coffin was KK on the button, I 3bet and the big stacked villain 4 bet me with A8o from MP, the ace being an ace of diamonds. I shoved all in with almost 15 dollars, he called, flop comes all diamonds no aces and he hit the flush on the river. I was gutted.

That hand was obviously just a bit unlucky, and these are still not the ones, which we should worry about or analyse :)

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a pot can be taken, AA, KK. and QQ are, a prize.

There is a professional saying "How does he win in AA?", too.

Poker Tips