Detecting 2 pair?

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These always get me. Sometimes I can assume if they've been tight then jump off the handle. Yet I'll also get stuck in monster pots with people playing top pair and take it. What's some indications you guy use for assuming you're beat with two pair. How they bet? Or perhaps assuming their hand matching the board based on how they jumped or limped in pre-flop?

B

badameli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Button/SB/BB is the opponent. and board is rags with A and they're cramming at you.
2. Button/SB/BB is the opponent and big draw is on board. If they're jamming then they may be trying to protect their hand off the flop.

Basically, look at the range of hands and look at their play. I find check raise for huge bets or initial huge bets from early position are 2Pr.

Late position, they may be less aggressive off the flop. Also which 2 pr you are up against may change your opponents play (as will the chance of being counterfeit).

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Button/SB/BB is the opponent. and board is rags with A and they're cramming at you.
2. Button/SB/BB is the opponent and big draw is on board. If they're jamming then they may be trying to protect their hand off the flop.

Basically, look at the range of hands and look at their play. I find check raise for huge bets or initial huge bets from early position are 2Pr.

Late position, they may be less aggressive off the flop. Also which 2 pr you are up against may change your opponents play (as will the chance of being counterfeit).

Thanks for the tips, yea I do notice the jamming when a big draw is presenting itself, but fortunately it seems a lot of people wil rarely fold down 2P if that draw hits, especially if it's downplayed

B

badameli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the tips, yea I do notice the jamming when a big draw is presenting itself, but fortunately it seems a lot of people wil rarely fold down 2P if that draw hits, especially if it's downplayed

Also look at when the bet is bigger than the pot, but not an all in. I suggest you try paying attention to how the players manage their stack relative to their blinds + how you are managing your stack. This will help you determine if it's even worth calling their bet. What good is it - if you call, hit your 35-40% draw, but can't get paid off because they don't have enough behind.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not always is the same when aggressive people connect 2 pairs on the flop makes bets to see no more cards the passive plays slow play to lose more chips the idea is to try to read what type of player you face in those curcustances
:damnmate:

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have difficulties with that, too. A lot depends on the circumstances at the table. And in most cases Holdem Manager 2 helps in this. Many, almost all players are typical, and depending on their type, you can determine that the enemy. Sometimes you have to fold when they're bluffing, but that's right. It is better to win a big sweat confident in their strength of the hand than to constantly give part of the money making a call with doubts about the chances of winning. Also, it often happens that the opponent is bluffing with air, but you also have weak cards, for example, 10 high, in this case you need to fold, because any card above you beats. Sometimes weak players can win a hand from a professional)