muppetyy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi,
was playing a hand yesterady

i was mid position with a A 2 off suit,
i raised pre flop to 3 times the big blind - get 2 callers.

hit 3 K and A on the flop -
got a raise from on on the callers on the button to 2 times the pot size - other caller folded i called.

on the turn i hit a 5 and had top pair and straight draw i raise the size of the pot again and remaining caller calls. the river is a 4 and i check after making a straight and he goes all in.

i call -
he turns over A K
and then has a fit that i stayed in after the flop saying i was an idot for calling....

i replied saying i had top pair....
he continues to go on about it for 15 minutes saying how dumb it was to call after the flop...
i am pretty new to poker, playing seriously (more than once every 6 months) for only a few weeks
this behaviour from him got to me a little. Anyone have any ways to deal with ppl like this

ignore them?
fight back?
laugh at them?

what the best way to deal with bad loosers like this?

cheers,
muppetyy

Last edited:
O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always think those bad losers are idiots. Just ignore them. Those people always see everyone elses misstakes, but fail to see their own faults.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Games often get very boring. When I get one of the above type of tiltos reaming me for playing 3h4h from the CO and taking down a hand, I usually just stir the shit in a patronizing and condescending manor. It’s my evil side. I do it in such a manor that if the guy (never seen a woman go off like this) is of less than average wit, he usually isn’t even aware he’s being patronized. Hey a guys got to get his kicks somewhere.
:angel:

M

muppetyy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys,
thanks for the replys, i did a bit of everything mentioned-

i told him i had top pair,
he went on about it

i said i got lucky too

he went on about it

i ignored him for a bit

he was still talking about it 5 minutes later

i started telling him he was a baby and to grow up and deal with it

still going on about it 10 minutes later.....

muppetyy

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played with alot of those people you are talkin about. I just let it go most of the time and focus on the next hand instead of getting off my game and worring about the idiots

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys,
thanks for the replys, i did a bit of everything mentioned-

i told him i had top pair,
he went on about it

i said i got lucky too

he went on about it

i ignored him for a bit

he was still talking about it 5 minutes later

i started telling him he was a baby and to grow up and deal with it

still going on about it 10 minutes later.....

muppetyy
Lol, how many millions did he lose? Must have been a really big pot.

nyr11jagr68

nyr11jagr68

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a pretty bad loser myself and really there is nothing u can say thats going to stop him. I just have to vent after I have that sort of crap happen to me. Nothing more frustrating when you get someones money in and they hit one of their 4 outs on the river.

kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not a bad loser if someone outplays me. If i get my money in bad im the most gracious loser you'll ever see. If i get someone who sucks out on me horribly, I might say something like "omg howd u call that?" . I can't help it sometimes even though i know its not good to tell people when they make mistakes. But I don't go on about it for hours. Just one comment, then back to the game.

M

muppetyy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so kadafi do you think i should have folded on the flop?

kadafi

kadafi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have normally but its your buy in bud and your hand. Tis the beauty of poker.

This^ I don't like the weak kicker TBH and im folding this preflop in every position except the BTN. (Maybe the CO if conditions are right)

Too often you'll hit top pair and be outkicked.

M

muppetyy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree that i would normall muck this unless it was late position but i felt like taking a chance that he was bluffing me.. he wasnt but it still paid off

cheers for the opinions though...

muppetyy

JMTalbert

JMTalbert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played the hand differently, but as to your question about how to deal with him, I like the mute feature. I do admit that I like CAM's idea too. Talk ish to that fool until he tilts out!

jjbish

jjbish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these players ar eATM's if you treat them right.

I love puuting peeps on tilt. LOVE IT.

Say TY or what ever you can, be nice of course. but they will tilt usually.

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had one of those sore losers awhile ago...he kept on & on & on...I was nice the entire game...then had the satisfaction of kicking the s*** out of him in HU play! That was the very first win for me & very satisfactory!:D

I didn't know that I could have called a mods' attention to the verbal abuse or I would have done so. Even so...the fact that he lost HU was probably the best thing that could happen to that jerk! LOL!:angel:

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
know 2 things

1) He is on tilt, and you can take advantage by manipulating him through his anger

2) He will be targeting you

Keep your cool, don't let him get to you.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you didn't fold preflop with A rag, no sense folding a pair of Aces.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first started I had a few different people follow me around from table to table. For several days or more. lol Usually it was for playing a hand like you did. Not saying it was bad for you to do so. Just saying that I wouldn't play that hand myself anymore.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure he would have been a sore winner if you didn't hit the straight.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you didn't fold preflop with A rag, no sense folding a pair of Aces.
I differ in oppinion, you always have to worry about someones kicker. Imo A-rag is never worth a play unless limped in on BB even then if I hit my A I am worried.
I look for reasons to fold ace rag.

LaMinaccia

LaMinaccia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand that the guy may of been a sour loser but you did make a maniac bet with an A 3 that only rookies and bluffers make. Take the win now because one day it's going to happen to you and it might cost you a lot of money and I hope you don't react the same way, poker is a game of karma.

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you got very lucky. i'd be like 'wtf' but i wouldn't make a scene in chat. the 'any ace syndrome' is a very bad disease some people just can't kick. you'll truly appreciate his feelings once you learn a little bit more and the same thing happens to you. you saying "i had top pair" probably is what fueled the fire the most, because then he knew he either got sucked out by someone who was a total noob, a maniac, or a maniac-sarcastic player. you'll learn as you go along, so don't really feel bad about it or anything. people really do nullify the sickness of a nasty suck by making jackasses of themselves in chat.

however, you will win nasty hands here and there, and it can tilt the victim. you should pay attention to how they play from then on out. i find, most often, the ones that complain and act all-knowing and victimized by your "bad play" are the ones who had A2 and flopped A29 against your AK...and regardless of what i would have done against a raise or a re-raise, they normally just call you down, or call your raises, or check-call, and this is "enough"....act like they've been robbed when i river a king. i usually just say "you should have folded that hand" if they're over the top insulting, because i know they don't understand why they should have, preflop anyway, and i know it will upset them, and they'll make some pretty lousy decisions trying, at least, to get revenge on me. usually, i just let actions speak for themselves though.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi,
was playing a hand yesterady

i was mid position with a A 2 off suit,
i raised pre flop to 3 times the big blind - get 2 callers.

hit 3 K and A on the flop -
got a raise from on on the callers on the button to 2 times the pot size - other caller folded i called.

on the turn i hit a 5 and had top pair and straight draw i raise the size of the pot again and remaining caller calls. the river is a 4 and i check after making a straight and he goes all in.

i call -
he turns over A K
and then has a fit that i stayed in after the flop saying i was an idot for calling....

i replied saying i had top pair....
he continues to go on about it for 15 minutes saying how dumb it was to call after the flop...
i am pretty new to poker, playing seriously (more than once every 6 months) for only a few weeks
this behaviour from him got to me a little. Anyone have any ways to deal with ppl like this

ignore them?
fight back?
laugh at them?

what the best way to deal with bad loosers like this?

cheers,
muppetyy
I don't really know how to answer this, when all I keep thinking is that you shouldn't have been in the hand in the first place.

I have lost to alot of players like you who think a weak ace is the nuts and refuse to lay it down to any bet, but I assure you that this type of play is a bankroll killer in the end, so tread carefully.

As for dealing with a sore loser, shut chat off if you continue to play your game because these sore losers are abundant.

pokerman27

pokerman27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn your chat off - it's a waste of time.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually say what I got to say,and sometimes I just like to rag back and forth with them, depending on what mood I'm in, or I just turn the chat off, he's trying to throw you off your game to,I've done both,and both can be used to your advantage LOL!!!