Crushing Microstakes

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so I’ve just got Blackrains79s crushing the Microstakes book and got the starting hand cheat sheets just wanted someone opinion on the opening hands stats seems like a lot of hands even for the button should I add more hands to my range cos my overall opening range is 18.9 and he’s opening 40.9 on the button should I try that? Or does it no longer work these days

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so I’ve just got Blackrains79s crushing the Microstakes book and got the starting hand cheat sheets just wanted someone opinion on the opening hands stats seems like a lot of hands even for the button should I add more hands to my range cos my overall opening range is 18.9 and he’s opening 40.9 on the button should I try that? Or does it no longer work these days
To crush microstakes it is not necessary to follow such a structured opening range. Often you will be choosing too much your hands to play with random hands that the opponent sees pretty. I think the postflop game is much more important at this point, that is, not raise too much with any hand (except AA, KK). See flops, and put the money in when you are sure that your hand is very good or is the best. They will not know how to leave their marginal hands

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest I’m also very curious to your thoughts on opening ranges. Think it’s the weakest point in my game so far, knowing got opening ranges.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are static while poker,especially NLH, is dynamic. People change their play at the table based on what your table image is this second or that second. The game is basically social intelligence supercharged. You should not follow a book dogmatically you should understand the statistics and psychology of why the recommends are given and act with your own mind.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are static while poker,especially NLH, is dynamic. People change their play at the table based on what your table image is this second or that second. The game is basically social intelligence supercharged. You should not follow a book dogmatically you should understand the statistics and psychology of why the recommends are given and act with your own mind.
I see what you mean and I understand that the loose on the button takes advantage of all the nits that I’ve seen in micros also weak players

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Are we talking Cash games? MTT's? sit and go's? if MTT's what part of the tournament are we talking? in general if your only opening 18.9 from the button then your opening range is WAY too tight.. I would meet somewhere in the middle say around 30 but it changes based on cash, mtt, sit and go, and what part of the tournament you are in. Lots of variables.

J

Jd179

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are we talking Cash games? MTT's? sit and go's? if MTT's what part of the tournament are we talking? in general if your only opening 18.9 from the button then your opening range is WAY too tight.. I would meet somewhere in the middle say around 30 but it changes based on cash, mtt, sit and go, and what part of the tournament you are in. Lots of variables.
It’s for 2nl and if that’s true I’m missing out on lots of value thank you