Bankroll challenge

T

ThaSteveM1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody . I would want to start bankroll challenge from 50 euros to try to go till 10000 euros.What u think how much time does it take . I play poker since 10 years and whats fhe best and fastest way to build bankroll

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody . I would want to start bankroll challenge from 50 euros to try to go till 10000 euros.What u think how much time does it take . I play poker since 10 years and whats fhe best and fastest way to build bankroll

Hello! That's a pretty tough challenge right there. Going from €50 to €10 000 is not going to be easy or fast so I recommend keeping your feet on the ground and taking it one step at a time. Instead of giving yourself some kind of deadline, I would focus on slowly climbing up the stakes. Read about bankroll management and play according to that.

I would say cash games are the most solid way to build your bankroll but there are also players who like tournaments more. That €50 however is quite low for tournaments since you should be playing only micro tournaments with that BR which also means smaller winnings IF you happen to be in the money. And since there is a high variance in tournaments, you won't be able to make it to the money every time. That's why I would start with NL2 cash games and move up the stakes when I'd have 30 buy-ins for the next one: €150 for NL5, €300 for NL10 and so on.

Good luck with your challenge! It's going to be a rough ride that doesn't happen overnight, but if you focus on playing well, learning along the way and playing smart with patience, there's nothing that can stop you :)

Alex Houngan

Alex Houngan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to decide on the type of game in which you will build your BR.
Cash,Tournament (MTT,SnG,Spim&Go,Omaha) and so on.
I think the quickest thing you can do in Cash Games, the ratio of time spent and the number of hands.But with the growth of limits you will start to lose, if you do not work on your game and lose everything.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From 50 to 10.000.. why does this feel like a thread opened to get the counter to 25 as fast as possible?

Hm. It will take you about 2 days. You sign up for a 50$ mtt, win it, sign up for a 500usd mtt and win 10000. Easy.

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m pretty sure that you will end up brankupt :) 50$ is way too small

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the idea of using €50 in 6-max cash games NLHE and PLO €4 buy in until €150-200 then play €10 buy ins. There are many fish to find and exploit plus you aren't loosing to much to discover your leaks and try to plug them. It's the best place to start and learn the ropes. It's entirely different from play money poker. Also Study. Watch videoes, talk to people about there hands, read. Read blogs, read books, read forums. There is a wealth of knowledge out there that will be indespensible as you climb the stakes. Tap into it.

T

ThaSteveM1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it is a tough challenge . But for me I would wanna start playing bounty tournaments which is good aswell because evrytime you eliminate player you get money .

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m pretty sure that you will end up brankupt :) 50$ is way too small

It's definitely not too small. I myself started in NL2 with just $50 dollars and I am doing fine these days, playing higher stakes than where I once started. The key to all that is bankroll management. Whoever started this thread, didn't say how high stakes he's about to play but if he plays it smart, $50 is enough. It's not impossible to achieve that $10 000 some day. There are people who have done it. It takes time, probably years, patience, studying and learning, but it is indeed possible.

T

ThaSteveM1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But I think either cash game or bounty tournaments

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's definitely not too small. I myself started in NL2 with just $50 dollars and I am doing fine these days, playing higher stakes than where I once started. The key to all that is bankroll management. Whoever started this thread, didn't say how high stakes he's about to play but if he plays it smart, $50 is enough. It's not impossible to achieve that $10 000 some day. There are people who have done it. It takes time, probably years, patience, studying and learning, but it is indeed possible.

Yes, I believe years is correct in accomplishing his goal.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would go with MTTs but that depends on your game and what you actually like to play, if you are a cash game player, then stick to those. Whatever you feel comfortable at, get good at it and go from there.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fastest way will likely end up busto but sit at a table with it all would be quickest.

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything depends only on you. I mean not only how successfully you will play, but also the time that you can give to the game. I, for example, had a pretty good cache last week, this week I'm just sitting in the same place. There was a time when I was close to winning the tournament for 11 dollars, but the RNG decided otherwise. And I eventually went away with a prize of 24 dollars))) In any case, I wish you good luck;)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management