BAD BEATS ALL THE TIME

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Everybody thanks for letting me join...So I'm facing a problem that I Can't deal with any longer! So I'm playing on Stars/FullTilt tournaments and I'm running into bad beats over and over it's crazy almost every hand now when I got pocket Aces I lose to a crappy hand like pocket 33s or pocket 99s or J8 or whatever 9/10times I've lost (I'm not kidding) I've lost to some idiot that moves all in preflop. I'm thinking "yes I'm gonna win" But lately I just now before the hand is over that I'm gonna lose even though I'm way ahead in every hand pref. I keep looking at the percentages but that does not matter, I should WIN 9/10 times. AND it's always in that critical stage just before price pool. I'm doing pretty well early in tourneys until that moment. So my questing is Am I simply playing too low stakes that I'm playing against not serious players? Maybe I play too well?!( I know that sound ridiculous) But you what I mean. How do u feel? what should I do? :(

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Spider9 - Bad Beats

Hey, happens to any of us playing online. Bad Beats and BOTS. I would say to triple bet AA/KK. Don't go all in until you see the flop. Depending on how many are in on the flop, your position, your bankroll, the flop itself, make the next call. You land a set and the flop is multi-suited, it's your baby. Time to play Trick & Treat. The flop lands all same suit or a pair (different from your cards), then you have some concerns to full house or flush. Time to be cautious. I am not a pro at how online software algorithms work, but I sometimes think all-ins against a player late in the game and who has more $$ than you, triggers the weird outcomes driven by the software. Not sure.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it sucks to lose with a bad beat. Happens all the time... Just need to keep playing, until luck is on your side...

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Everybody thanks for letting me join...So my question is Am I simply playing too low stakes that I'm playing against not serious players? Maybe I play too well?!( I know that sound ridiculous) But you what I mean. How do u feel? what should I do? :(

Playing at a higher amount changes nothing, some people are gamblers at heart.

If you are enough chips to be in the money and you see this is the case that AA gets busted way too many times, I would suggest folding AA's until you are ITM, unless you do not mind losing out on sure money..

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Taking a bunch of bad beats isn't crazy or anything to be worried or upset about - it is a good sign... since you are getting your chips in ahead most of the time.

There is a lot of luck in playing tournaments: taking it personally when you have a hand that is a favorite that does not win will do nothing for you.

'You should win 9/10 times' - poker doesn't work like that, just because you have the best hand does not mean you are entitled to win.

Change your mindset and be happy when you get your chips in ahead WIN or LOSE (you control your decisions, not the results).

Play to make deep runs - final tables and top 3's in particular, that is where your profit will come from... a big focus on cashing can often take away from your chances of winning the tournament.

If you are very short-stacked and want to try to make a min-cash then you won't be giving away too much but in general stop worrying about cashing, it is but a step along the way.

The skill in tournaments is in learning how to take advantage of the times things go your way and in making the most of your opportunities.

Good luck to you! :D

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find badbeats tough to deal with.

I had a maniac at my table today who just had to rebuy from getting stacked. He was shoving almost every 3 hands. I knew i would catch him and i did when my Q7 hit a flop of KKQ. He had 44. It came runner-runner clubs amd he makes a flush.

I don't mind losing to cold decks (kk vs aa) because overtime i feel like i win as many cold decks as i lose.

Bad beats though... i rarely get my money in as a 10% underdog - and if i do, i never suck out.