Disappearing BITCOIN

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a first attempt of using "bitcoin cash" sending a small amount of funds to my account at Bovada.lv, their representatives claim there was an address mix up trying to accept BTC (bitcoin cash). They acknowledge the transaction was completed but couldn't be processed because of that mix up. Their team was "working feverishly" to find a solution to the situation. The blockchain from my wallet to their site list the transaction as completed and verrified by an unheard of (by me at least) 238 confirmations. My typical BITCOIN transactions take six confirmations.

It has been well over a month and the team still claims to not know what to do about the siuation. My funds are still floating in cyberspace somewhere.

Ridiculous. Watch out.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can kiss that cash goodbye. Everytime I use bitcoin, I am afraid something like that will happen to me.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey BTC is not Bitcoin Cash.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I can make a guess as to possible scenarios as to what happened. Either you sent to wrong address (either you input wrong one or they gave you a wrong one) or you tried to send Bitcoin Cash to a BTC address.

If it was wrong address it could be tough to clear up. It is easily traceable to see what address funds went to. Contact support on your wallet. Had this been soon after transaction they could have maybe pulled it back depending on circumstance. Due to so much time past I do not know what can be done. If the Poker Room is at fault they should refund you.

But from your message above sounds like it was the latter was case. I once did this before sending BTC cash to Bitcoin address. I confirmed from wallet support that the funds were sent and received they advised me I needed to contact receiver in your case it would be Poker Room to sort it out. It took about 3 weeks but everything was sorted.

Hope you get your funds
Best of luck

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a first attempt of using "bitcoin cash" sending a small amount of funds to my account at Bovada.lv, their representatives claim there was an address mix up trying to accept BTC (bitcoin cash). They acknowledge the transaction was completed but couldn't be processed because of that mix up. Their team was "working feverishly" to find a solution to the situation. The blockchain from my wallet to their site list the transaction as completed and verrified by an unheard of (by me at least) 238 confirmations. My typical BITCOIN transactions take six confirmations.

It has been well over a month and the team still claims to not know what to do about the siuation. My funds are still floating in cyberspace somewhere.

Ridiculous. Watch out.
My best guess:
As you have a wealth of transaction confirmations, your coins got lost after transferal to the poker room.
Keep bothering the room politely, slowly but surely sugesting/asking for a refund/100% compensation.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can make a guess as to possible scenarios as to what happened. Either you sent to wrong address (either you input wrong one or they gave you a wrong one) or you tried to send Bitcoin Cash to a BTC address.

If it was wrong address it could be tough to clear up. It is easily traceable to see what address funds went to. Contact support on your wallet. Had this been soon after transaction they could have maybe pulled it back depending on circumstance. Due to so much time past I do not know what can be done. If the Poker Room is at fault they should refund you.

But from your message above sounds like it was the latter was case. I once did this before sending BTC cash to Bitcoin address. I confirmed from wallet support that the funds were sent and received they advised me I needed to contact receiver in your case it would be Poker Room to sort it out. It took about 3 weeks but everything was sorted.

Hope you get your funds
Best of luck

This seems very plausible. On many exchanges, coinbase good example, it says everywhere.... if bitcoin cash is sent to a BTC receive address, it's may not be recoverable. And vice versa.
Hopefully this is not the case with your situation. ....but it very well could be. When I read your post that's what immediately came to mind. The blockchain would still show the ledger confirms.
I've used BTC to deposit on Ig several times- I've even been lazy and skipped going from coinbase to a wallet to Ig and sent direct from coinbase to Ig - I guess it's not recommended but it works. I've never had it take more than 30 minutes. Usually under 5 minutes.
Granted- I haven't made a deposit on Ig recently. Actually the last time I did was prior to the BTC fork, pre-bitcion cash existence.
I second Joeisi's suspicion. But, I'm wrong often. Ihope I'm wrong here and that this can be sorted out for you. Really frustrating :(
Weed helps, with everything :smokin:

G

goodsaint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've even been lazy and skipped going from coinbase to a wallet to Ig and sent direct from coinbase to Ig - I guess it's not recommended but it works. I've never had it take more than 30 minutes. Usually under 5 minutes.
Of course it works. That's how folks have had their Coinbase accounts closed...sending/receiving funds directly to/from gambling sites. Perhaps you're not in the U.S. and subject to U.S. financial laws. But, if you are and value your Coinbase account, you won't put it in harm's way with laziness.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like crypto currencies are already doing the same as good-old banks; let the money vanish!
(and for sure appear in some programmers inbox: lost, found and now it's MINE)

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Ridiculous. Watch out.
I know exactly what they should do. They should credit your account unless they can show you did something incorrectly and they should have done it over a month ago.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always been to scared to use bit coin for payments or transactions, don't know enough about it. I tried to do my research and read up on it but never can seem to get brave enough to use it.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You'll have that as it is unregulated...

This seems very plausible. On many exchanges, coinbase good example, it says everywhere.... if bitcoin cash is sent to a BTC receive address, it's may not be recoverable. And vice versa.
Hopefully this is not the case with your situation. ....but it very well could be. When I read your post that's what immediately came to mind. The blockchain would still show the ledger confirms.
I've used BTC to deposit on Ig several times- I've even been lazy and skipped going from coinbase to a wallet to Ig and sent direct from coinbase to Ig - I guess it's not recommended but it works. I've never had it take more than 30 minutes. Usually under 5 minutes.
Granted- I haven't made a deposit on Ig recently. Actually the last time I did was prior to the BTC fork, pre-bitcion cash existence.
I second Joeisi's suspicion. But, I'm wrong often. Ihope I'm wrong here and that this can be sorted out for you. Really frustrating :(
Weed helps, with everything :smokin:

Here is the actual copy & paste from the last email I was sent from BOVADA before my original post.

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for contacting Bovada Financial Services.

I understand you're eager to receive your funds and I can assure you that we're trying our best.

We restarted offering BCH deposits on our website but we've been unable to complete the processing of the deposits that were made during the fork. Once there's an update, it'll be forwarded to you immediately.

We Thank You for your patience and understanding at this time.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have any further questions, please contact us.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks,

Bovada Financial Services
financialservices@bovada.lv:mad::confused::mad::confused::mad:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is the actual copy & paste from the last email I was sent from BOVADA before my original post.

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for contacting Bovada Financial Services.

I understand you're eager to receive your funds and I can assure you that we're trying our best.

We restarted offering BCH deposits on our website but we've been unable to complete the processing of the deposits that were made during the fork. Once there's an update, it'll be forwarded to you immediately.

We Thank You for your patience and understanding at this time.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have any further questions, please contact us.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks,

Bovada Financial Services
financialservices@bovada.lv:mad::confused::mad::confused::mad:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Ug, feel for ya man. Gotta be frustrating. A bunch of boiler plate that basically says nothing. Sucks. Hope it works out for ya man. :smokin: